ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - England & Wales

If Vijay is played as the opener, then I would play DK in place of Rohit Sharma in the middle order for sure. Would be very happy if Karthik can finally fulfill his potential in international cricket with consistent performances. Hope he does! He can also be a superb backup for Dhoni for the keeping gloves.

Good stuff from Kohli! Hope he lets ONLY his bat do all the talking.;)

WHo are you kidding mate, he always brings strong emotions to the game.

It wad delightful to watch Virat batting like this, awesome inning and yes Birthday Boy DK batted well too, impressive strokes. I just hope DK's form continues in the real matches against mighty teams, consistency matters :cheers :clap

I hope Umesh Yadav gets to bowl and RJ gets to bat against Aussies on 4th June in 2nd warm-up :thumbs

Dk will only be able to play innings like these if he plays higher up. Why play Vijay or Rohit.

WHo are you kidding mate, he always brings strong emotions to the game.

Dk will only be able to play innings like these if he plays higher up. Why play Vijay or Rohit.

Since you are from Pakistan, you might be understanding the meaning of some of the foul language that Kohli so frequently uses on the cricket field in the name of "emotions" (the infamous "MC" and "BC" language; people frequently refer to Kohli these days as "Kohli MCBC":D:yes). That IMHO is not "strong emotions" that the game needs. Its ugly emotions, that needs to be kept wrapped within himself.

Anyone playing the ICC CT Fantasy game? Picked my squad (you can only have 3 players from the top 10 ICC rankings) mine is (in no particular order):

Clarke
Cook
Wade
Raina
Gayle
Amla
Duminy
Pathan
Anderson
Steyn
Malinga

Shane Watson is batting on 132!Wow!Go Aussies..finish the Windies off.CT13 belongs to you.

Spanking stuff from Watto, and Mitch Marsh finished the game nicely with 39 off 19 as well. Just need to get Warner and Hughes rolling now...they both got ducks.

A good display of batting by Virat ,Watto, Dinesh hoping for some other players to come up with very similar knock

Anyone playing the ICC CT Fantasy game? Picked my squad (you can only have 3 players from the top 10 ICC rankings) mine is (in no particular order):

Clarke
Cook
Wade
Raina
Gayle
Amla
Duminy
Pathan
Anderson
Steyn
Malinga

Interesting team. I have gone for quite an unorthodox team. :D

Virat Kohli
Kane Williamson
Misbah-ul-haq
Darren Bravo
MS Dhoni
Dwayne Bravo
Thisara Perrera
Daniel Vettori
Mitchell Starc
Dale Steyn
Lasith Malinga

Great stuff by Watson if he can keep that going we will have a good shot at retaining the title. Our number 7 spot is starting to get some depth with Marsh and Faulkner both putting in good shows.

Picking only 3 players from the top 10 makes it a bit challenging, still this is a pretty decent line-up.

Chris Gayle (WI)
Virat Kohli (IND)
Michael Clarke (AUS)
Ian Bell (ENG)
Shane Watson (AUS)
Thisara Perera (SL)
AB de Villiers (SAF)
Mitchell Johnson (AUS)
Junaid Khan (PAK)
James Anderson (ENG)
Lasith Malinga (SL)

Last edited:
Watson did a great job in T20 WC than he played very well in IPL now time to play like that in ICC Champions Trophy :)

I find it hilarious that the Sri Lankans retire out after making good scores and give their other batsman a chance to score runs (team spirit) but oh no, not 'Prince' Kohli. he has to score 140 runs and bat all day. Good grief, what a brat.

You are kidding right?

We were already 110/4,not much batting left if you didn't notice.If we chased down the total with 1 down,you would have a point.

I find it hilarious that the Sri Lankans retire out after making good scores and give their other batsman a chance to score runs (team spirit) but oh no, not 'Prince' Kohli. he has to score 140 runs and bat all day. Good grief, what a brat.

India's top order flopped, that is why he had to bat. There was no significant batting left after Dhoni. I am not counting Jadeja as he is the Afridi of India.

Anyways it was just a practice match and both sides would be in high spirits even now....The only concern for me now is the quality of the pitch.... A pitch in England should be a Green one, one with some or lots of support for the bowlers making it challenging for the batsmen according to me and if am not wrong most of the people here would agree with me, unlike the flat track where the Ind vs SL just concluded....

Users who are viewing this thread