Story ICC Champions Trophy

tjh1989

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pakistan i reckon will win it but i still think it could be close and that it could go either way i belive that if the openers get of to a good start that team will have won it

tjh1989

International Cricketer
You have got a point its just i would like to see the under dog win against the mighty australians

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry Guys...you will have to wait for another hour for details of the semi between Pak and NZ. I have had some problems uploading the stuff.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I am having problems uploading the pics...will put them up as soon as possible trow morning...sorry for the delay

in the mean time...australia have scored 31/0 in 8 overs.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Semi Final: Pakistan vs New Zealand Match details

ICC CHAMPIONS TROPHY 2nd SEMI FINAL
PAKISTAN vs NEW ZEALAND
Bangalore

Welcome to Bangalore for this 2nd semi final of the ICC Champions Trophy between Pakistan and New Zealand. Pakistan made it to this semi final after topping Group C, beating England and Kenya in the process. New Zealand finished top of Group D, beating Sri Lanka and the West Indies in the process. As you all know, a place in the final is at stake here. Who will meet the World Champions Australia in the final? We will know that in about another 8 hours time.
bangalore.jpg

Conditions: Sunny, Warm, and no chance of rain.
conditions.jpg

Pitch: Well important news here. The original pitch was a very hard and stiff wicket, and the umpires realised that it was too dangerous to play on that pitch, and asked for the other pitch to be prepared. Hence there has been a delay of about 80 minutes, causing the match to be reduced to 45 overs a side. The pitch then used in this game now is a dusty one, and is pretty hard itself, but not as much as the other one, and is not dangerous to play on. It is a high scoring wicket, but at the same time has something in it for the bowlers as well, particularly the slow bowlers.
pitch.jpg

The Toss: Inzamam won the toss and elected to bat first

Inzy: "We know it will be difficult to bat under lights, and we played very well in the first match vs England, which was also a day night match, batting first, so we want to again put up a high score, and put New Zealand batsman under pressure."

The Teams: No changes for either Pakistan or New Zealand.
teamPAK.jpg

teamNZ.jpg

UPDATE:
New Zealand 180 (34.5 Overs)
M. Papps 34(52)
C. Harris 23(18)
S. Fleming 23(21)

Shoaib Akhtar 4/33
Shoaib Malik 3/32

Pakistan 245 (43 Overs)
S. Afridi 83(108)
K. Akmal 52(62)

S. Bond 4/40
C. Harris 2/52

PAKISTAN WIN BY 65 RUNS

It was one of the best matches in Cricket 2004 history. In a packed stadium at Bangalore, the support for the Kiwiz was far more than that for Pakistan, especially after India was knocked out of the tournament by Australia in the other semi-final. Inzamam decided to bat first for the second time in this tournament, hoping for a similar performance as that against England from his batsman. But however, this time, his team got off to a bad start losing Farhat, Hameed, and Youhana cheaply. Afridi and Inzamam then steadied the ship for Pakistan, but then Inzamam was dismissed by Harris, and this saw another mini-collapse, as Malik and Razzaq soon joined their captain in the pavillion. However, a fantastic partnership between Afridi and Kamran Akmal took Pakistan to a competitive score at the end. Afridi was dismissed for 83, while Akmal made 52 before being bowled by Shane Bond. Pakistan were all out for 245 in 43 overs. New Zealand started off well, but lost wickets at regular intervals. At times, it looked like one good partnership would be enough for the Kiwiz to reach the target of 246, but the Pakistani bowlers picked up wickets at regular intervals, and eventually dismissed the Kiwiz for 180. Pakistan won the match by 65 runs.
Man of the Match: Shahid Afridi for his 83 off 108 balls and 1-19.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
score update.....australia 135-3 in 30 overs. ponting just scored his fifty. gilly missed out though after being dismissed for 48. akhtar has picked up two wickets, that of hayden and gilchrist, while razzaq dismissed martyn for 2. ponting and clarke are the two batsman at the crease.

Users who are viewing this thread