Result: Pakistan won by 7 wickets

Man of the Match: Shahid Afridi

Pool B: West Indies vs Bangladesh

Toss: Bangladesh

West Indies 269/3 (Gayle 99)
Bangladesh 131 (39.3 ov) (Dillon 5/29)

Result: West Indies won by 138 runs

Man of the Match: CH Gayle

well at the moment it looks like all the teams that were expected to win have won!, with all of the minow teams losing their games

Champions Trophy should rather be called as the Knock-Out Cup with a few warm-up games, the warm-up games also having international status.

Pool A: Australia vs New Zealand

Toss: Australia

New Zealand 198/9 (McCullum 47) (McGrath 3/39, Kasprowicz 3/32)
Australia 199/3 (37.2 ov) (Symonds 71, Martyn 60)

Result: Australia won by 7 wickets

Man of the Match: A Symonds

I don't know why we hold major tournaments in England. There's always problems with rain. Once again the match between Eng vs SL been disrupted due to rain. I also feel sorry for Pakistan.

PS: what the hell was Vaughan thinking!!!

Pool D: England vs Sri Lanka

Toss: Sri Lanka

England 118/3 (32.0 ov)

Stumps - play resumes 9.15am GMT Saturday

Yeah, Vaughan got to far ;) what do you mean sorry for Pakistan? Ugh..you know I have watched all the games in this tournament, but there is only one game I can't watch because we are going to some place....and that game is... INDIA-PAKISTAN!!!!
And I am a pakistani...UGH!!!!!!!!! I am getting so angry, I wanna cry...man so unlucky.... :crying :eek: :mad

Windies won the toss and choosed to field. Why are all the captains winning the toss choosing to field? Isn't it better to bat? I think I remember that EVERY captain that won the toss choosed to field, Even USA :P, so why? Is it something about english conditions at these times? Thnx!!

Here's my opinions on this from a few days ago...
jonah said:
I think the vast majority of teams will elect to bowl first in this competition if they win the toss due to the conditions with the early starts over here in England. Cool, plenty of dew on the outfield, not easy to bat early on and teams will be hoping to make the most of the early morning swing and seam first.
This was almost (almost) proved right with the USA taking a couple of early wickets against NZ, before the Kiwis undoubted superiority shone through. As you say Ajit, the USA didn't have the strength in depth to capitalize on their early breakthroughs.
You'll also notice that no team has got off to a flyer in the first 15 overs either, again due to the conditions.

Pool D: England vs Sri Lanka

Toss: Sri Lanka

England 251/7 (Flintoff 104)
Sri Lanka 95/5 (24 ov)

Result: England won by 49 runs (D/L method)

Man of the Match: A Flintoff

Pool B: South Africa vs West Indies

Toss: West Indies

South Africa 246/6 (50 ov) (Gibbs 101) (Gayle 3/50)
West Indies 20/0 (6.0 ov)

West Indies require another 227 runs with 10 wickets and 44.0 overs remaining

England will play Australia in semi final on Tuesday

Yep deserved win for england, just a shame that the rain stopped their easy victory!

Really looking forward to England v Australia, even though i expect the aussies to win!

F the aussies...sorry aussies on the forum..no offence..but I think somewone should stop this...hehe...but if India-Aussies plays eachother..I am not sure who I am going to cheer for...hm.........

if england beat aussies on tuesday with permission of admin, i will shave my testicles and post a picture :)

Users who are viewing this thread