ICC III hands on/first impression

skill1414

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
found a glitch, I got bowled on a no ball but it showed the batsman walking as if he was out.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
He he. I can't stop with these animations!

KP-1.gif

Like the ball that got KP out in the 05 Ashes. Anyone remember it?

apesnani

Club Cricketer
the animations are starting to annoy me a little bit now , I wish there was some way of adjusting the camera angle ,looks too zoomed in , and things go really fast

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I originally liked the animations but I've now realised that there aren't actually THAT many. I've seen a late cut and the rest have just been drives to various areas. What about pulls, hooks, sweeps, cuts, advances, glances?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I've seen the sweep and the pull shot.

Nearly no sixes at all. Only hit 1 and that was a top edge.
And games take forever! I used to be able to hold down the enter, and it would skip through the overs. Now you have to press enter after every over.

This version is definately going to take some getting used to
72% done :D

You have a slowish net. Mine only took 20 mins.

Last edited:

p4i

School Cricketer
for me graphics are not comming i think because of 3Dcard I Dont Have

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
At the end of my first day in the game, against Yorkshire as Surrey, I am 293/1! The animations feel really good and the game overall feels fresh and new unlike the old editions.

The umpire signals both byes and leg byes at the same time though, when he should be doing one or the other, and the Hawkeye goes all over the place before deciding where to track the ball!

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
TBH, I kinda prefer the original graphics. Much more simple.

I don't like how the stats are from early January because Hayden's average is 39 there and his average now is basically 44. I would've prefered the stats just AFTER the World-Cup as it would've been perfect as an Australian to start on the future aswell.

The setup for the game screen isn't great either, I mean how you decide what length to bowl. The previous verison was more simple.

The graphics for the main screen where you can check the stats, etc, have taken a step down aswell.

I like how you can choose which country you can captain whilst maintaining a county though.

I like how there is like an entire youth squad where you can draft at the start of a season.

I hit 3 or 5 sixes in this game, though.

Attachments

• 1sticc3win.PNG
    1sticc3win.PNG
    50 KB · Views: 107

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
TBH, I kinda prefer the original graphics. Much more simple.

I don't like how the stats are from early January because Hayden's average is 39 there and his average now is basically 44. I would've prefered the stats just AFTER the World-Cup as it would've been perfect as an Australian to start on the future aswell.

The setup for the game screen isn't great either, I mean how you decide what length to bowl. The previous verison was more simple.

The graphics for the main screen where you can check the stats, etc, have taken a step down aswell.

I like how you can choose which country you can captain whilst maintaining a county though.

I like how there is like an entire youth squad where you can draft at the start of a season.

I hit 3 or 5 sixes in this game, though.

That's because it's a brand new edition. You've been put out of your comfort zone by it. You'll get used to it.

jacobfelix

International Coach
At the end of my first day in the game, against Yorkshire as Surrey, I am 293/1!

I saw one screenshot in a website and some Surrey players in ICC06 ( C.Murtagh, T.Murtagh, A.Mahmood ) are in Middlesex team ...Hope the rest of the Surrey players are in Surrey only :p...(In fact I am playing as Surrey in Icc06).

Users who are viewing this thread