ICC World Cup 2015 Discussion Thread

troll3y

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Sri Lanka
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...and the Park in Christchurch isn't really built yet...
ah! I was wondering if that would get mentioned. It's a nice, sentimental touch to schedule the World Cup opener in Christchurch, but not only is the redevelopment at Hagley Park unfinished, but it hasn't even received approval from the Environmental Court! The ICC's decision to announce the fixtures and venues 18 months before tournament -- and before the final teams are even known -- felt a bit premature. With the Hagley Park situation, it felt a bit haughty and intimidating on the part of the ICC.

Another big concern, expressed particularly by the Irish fans, is the distance that the travelling fans have to travel to follow their team -- upto 9,200 miles (14,800 km) for the travelling fans of Qualifier 2. The Irish are also spewing that none of their games are in cities with large Irish ex-pat contingents. Given the vast distances that the Australia and NZ land masses cover, it would have been wiser to localise the fixtures a little more

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The teams are confirmed and this is how both the groups look. India would be very pleased not to see NZ and Australia in their group. India have never been good against the two teams in limited overs cricket, and there is another India v Pakistan & Australia v England match on the cards.

1618452_636321739737340_1367714744_n.jpg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India will struggle against South Africa for sure. Against Pakistan, our 100% World Cup record will make sure its a very fiercely fought contest (though I am not saying india will win coz Pakistan have better bowlers). Against WI, I do tip our guys but only slightly. The rest should be hopefully easy (no offence to them, but even with our bad bowling, our batting can win us games since ICC tournament pitches are expected to be batting friendly).

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Bangladesh have had a pretty good 3 years since last World Cup, and on paper they should make Group A the hardest to qualify in. The trouble for Bangladesh though, is that it's been a long time since they've been to Australia. The foreign conditions may be quite a handicap for them.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
England were the first seed in pool A, how things how changed, haha.

Karachi

Associate Captain
India will struggle against South Africa for sure. Against Pakistan, our 100% World Cup record will make sure its a very fiercely fought contest (though I am not saying india will win coz Pakistan have better bowlers). Against WI, I do tip our guys but only slightly. The rest should be hopefully easy (no offence to them, but even with our bad bowling, our batting can win us games since ICC tournament pitches are expected to be batting friendly).

I'll watch out for the Ireland. These guys can pull off a surprise win sometimes, especially during the World Cups. But given the setup it seems that Top 4 ranked teams per group are basically set for the quarter finals.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Anyone planning a trip to Aus/NZ for this? A couple of friends and I are thinking about coming down for a few group stage games.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I'll watch out for the Ireland. These guys can pull off a surprise win sometimes, especially during the World Cups. But given the setup it seems that Top 4 ranked teams per group are basically set for the quarter finals.

Not sure about Ireland being a potential threat anymore - they are lookin quite crappy in the current West Indies domestic one-day competition, even though two of their best players - Paul Stirling and Ed Joyce are not playing.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Any guesses to the quarterfinal match ups? I know it's early, but the tickets are available for sale tonight and i'm looking at snagging a few. thinking about India v Zim, India v Ireland (have family in NZ), and one of the quarterfinal games in Australia. I have a feeling India will be A2, which means that they play their game in Adelaide. That's probably the least convenient city for me as I have some connections in Sydney and in Melb.

What do you guys think?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So have I. India vs SA at the MCG. My tickets are for the Indian supporters area.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've got India v Zim in Auckland, QF in Sydney and QF in Wellington.

You are not going to the India vs Pakistan game? Dude, being an Indian and travelling to a cricket World Cup country, how can you miss the India vs Pakistan WC match? :)

Users who are viewing this thread