ICC06 Error

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought I'd give ICC06 a go again, so I decided to play my 2014 game again. I got up to March 31st, and after finishing the Zimbabwe series I clicked the arrow button to go to the next series. But then a black screen came up and then a 'send error report' thing came up and the game crashed.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Have you tried loading it back up or does it do this every time? If you haven't tried loading it up then it might load up and say continue at autosaved point, which would be near to where it crashed. If it does this everytime then I can't really think whats happened apart from maybe your game has become corrupted. I'm struggling to think of what can be wrong, but have you got both the CAP file and SAV file in your Saves folder in the root ICC folder? This shouldn't make any difference to the game crashing though.

I'm a little stumped.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
It does it every time I try and load it up. Every other game I'm playing on it works. Would it maybe be because I copied the save files (I did it so I could play one casually and use one for a story).

Sureshot

Executive member
So it's the save that is causing the crash? Other saves work on the game and go beyond that point?

I'd say you've got a corrupt file.

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
I alway play aussie until 2008 then aussie was crash and off . Anyone know why it did crash ??

Sureshot

Executive member
When save files crash it tends to be because the data has been corrupted in one way or another. There can be so many things that can do this, editing of the game, PC becoming infected with bugs/spyware, etc. To pin point the exact reason can be difficult.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Well another save file that was in 2014 (Same team) and it crashed after the Zimbabwe tour. I've got no idea.

Btw, I can load up the file and go into other stuff (Team stats/World Rankings etc.), but when I go to move on to the next series it crashes.

Sureshot

Executive member
You said you duplicated the same save, do they both crash? Though I reckon that could be the problem.

Sureshot

Executive member
I know this has happened before, I'll check my e-mails tonight to see if I've asked Chris about it before, I doubt there would be a way to fix it. 1) ICC06 is a few versions old, 2) It's probably already patched.

The fact every other save is fine on your game would suggest that the problem is with the save file.

If you want to be helpful can you run a new save, same team, same difficulty, don't touch any of the settings, and find out if you get the same problem? Testing the exact same save should show one of two things:

1) The save corrupted, possibly due to the copying of save files.

2) The problem is with the game.

:)

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I'd say it'd be the save files. I don't really want to do the same team and same difficulty and go all the way to 2014 again. I'd gave to go through 8 years. :p

Thanks for your help anyway, Sureshot.

Sureshot

Executive member
If you were to just simulate each match, that might not take so long.

Users who are viewing this thread