IPL If Tendulkar was to go under the hammer

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Title says it all. We have seen the two new franchises, each being sold in excess of all the previoius ones combined. Player salaries are set to rise, and the IPL seems to be a good financial investment (in the eyes of the investors anyway).

There, however, is one man who's name need not be mentioned, and he wasn't under auction last time. And it's unlikely he's going to be auctioned next time around too. But just hypothetically, how much would Sachin go for ?! And how much fun would this hypothetical auction be !

My opinion, with no financial expertise, would be a figure between $5 million and $10 million. What's yours ?

EDIT : Just to clarify, this is just a hypothetical question. It's highly likely that he's going to be sold and there's a cap for how much a team can spend etc. But ignoring all that, this is just to ask how much Sachin's brand and cricketing skill is worth.

Last edited:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Maybe a blank check?

P

pcfan123

5-10 million? :laugh, the salary cap is 5 million last time I checked. This is not the NFL, Im guessing 1.5-1.75

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sachin wont go under the hammer. After the form he has displayed this IPL, the Ambani's would be absolute mega tools if they let go of him.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Hypothetically HMarkA, ignore the salary cap. It'll definitely be a lot more than that. Pietersen sold for $1.55 million.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well teams will be retaining their players (not Kings XI) so Sachin will not be going for auction.

For answer to question if he went for auction he will be highest bidded player by 1 million mark.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
2531531.jpg

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Seeing his current form, I don't think Ambani's would be such a fool to let him go.
But if he go under the hammer, I think the Sahara's would give him a blank check and tell him to fill as much amount as he want.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
5 million when he was poor for the first two IPLs. Some form in this IPL and all of a sudden people think he should be the most expensive player in the IPL? I have to say I'm a little confused, I mean players like Sehwag performed well in every IPL, he is more likely to get a ridiculous sum of money.

Though I guess the amount of money he generates from his popularity would push his value up.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Wow, too many Tendulkars' in my first search page. :laugh Tendulkar should become like Pollock & Fleming. i.e. Just sit back & guide the youngsters. What is the use in Tendulkar getting consecutive 50s? He should be in the position to cultivate talents among the youth.

Like I always say, the very purpose of IPL has been defeated plenty of times when these old aged foxes dominate. Still, 200% satisfaction for Modi as he keeps rolling in money. :sarcasm I don't know when people will wake up!

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Seeing his current form, I don't think Ambani's would be such a fool to let him go.
But if he go under the hammer, I think the Sahara's would give him a blank check and tell him to fill as much amount as he want.
:doh Freaking ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread