In game sliders

Zaneo

Club Captain
Apologise if covered else were. Just feel this needs to be covered with the changes made to batting patch 3.

How do they work?
What do they affect ?
Does it make batting easier for both you and computer?
Which way to slide to make easier?
What levelled are you playing at and why?

Encoder

School Cricketer
Apologise if covered else were. Just feel this needs to be covered with the changes made to batting patch 3.

How do they work?
What do they affect ?
Does it make batting easier for both you and computer?
Which way to slide to make easier?

I'd really like to know these things as well. I've been messing with the sliders but I have no idea what I'm doing. Hopefully someone can answer for us.

Fryzigg

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned

How do they work? The bowling and batting custom difficulty are only active when you select custom difficulty before the game and physics are always on as it says.
What do they affect ? Which ones are you referring too
Does it make batting easier for both you and computer? No game difficulty affects the AI and when playing on custom batting/bowling the sliders take effect
Which way to slide to make easier? For the difficulty ones to make it easier slide left
What levelled are you playing at and why?
I'm playing on custom batting and bowling and here is my setup.
1fSX0UD.png

I wanted to make it more difficult but can't really up the shot timing difficulty anymore at the current pace settings and the window is next to impossible to hit.

Finchell

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
i notice that slider that says ' ideal foot plant window size '

is there any problem with pre meditating your foot work? i.e pushing forward before the delivery has been bowled and then timing your shot?

OR are you supposed to do your footwork and stroke at the same time?

Fryzigg

Club Captain
i notice that slider that says ' ideal foot plant window size '

is there any problem with pre meditating your foot work? i.e pushing forward before the delivery has been bowled and then timing your shot?

OR are you supposed to do your footwork and stroke at the same time?
QS7fsIp.png

Zaneo

Club Captain
1fSX0UD.png

I wanted to make it more difficult but can't really up the shot timing difficulty anymore at the current pace settings and the window is next to impossible to hit.
Maybe a stupid question but does taking the sliders down make it easier and does it change batting for the computer? You

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Maybe a stupid question but does taking the sliders down make it easier and does it change batting for the computer? You

The batting and bowling sliders only affect the user gameplay experience if difficulty for batting & bowling is 'Custom'. AI batting & bowling shoul dnot be impacted and the AI difficulty level is chosen using one of the pre-sets (Pro, Veteran, legend etc.)

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It would be really useful if someone from BA could provide us the Custom sliders that equate to each of the set difficulties.

For example, if I wanted to play on Medium with the exception that I want the ball marker to display a bit earlier, I need to know what the 'medium' settings are so I can adjust 'Custom' sliders appropriately.

Imperious Red

Club Cricketer
1fSX0UD.png

Pace bowling speed that high is ridiculous. It's unrealistic, it's ok to want harder but adjust other settings or your bowlers will be bowling 170kph

Fryzigg

Club Captain
Pace bowling speed that high is ridiculous. It's unrealistic, it's ok to want harder but adjust other settings or your bowlers will be bowling 170kph
whilst true the default speeds feel really slow especially in comparison to 14, you use the words realistic but the 180 speeds feel like a "realistic" 150kph.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I am really struggling finding a good balance when batting. Easy is too easy and medium is quite challenging in career mode. I agree that knowing what the sliders for each difficulty are Would be very useful. played few games on custom with timing at 50 but was still struggling... edges everywhere and timing the spinners too difficult. My only idea is perhaps medium represents the sliders all on 50? Easy perhaps around 35-40.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I am really struggling finding a good balance when batting. Easy is too easy and medium is quite challenging in career mode. I agree that knowing what the sliders for each difficulty are Would be very useful. played few games on custom with timing at 50 but was still struggling... edges everywhere and timing the spinners too difficult. My only idea is perhaps medium represents the sliders all on 50? Easy perhaps around 35-40.

Ok here's what you do... you need to tweak only 5 Gameplay Modifiers under 'Settings' to tailor the batting experience to your needs.

Ball Marker Display Time - Set it to 40 initially and increase or decrease it as you deem fit. Higher the value the earlier the ball marker (which shows line & length) is displayed
Shot Timing Difficulty - Set it to 30 initially
Foot Placement Difficulty - Set it to 30 initially
Bowl Quality Influence - Set it to 30 initially
Shot Choice Difficulty - Set it to 30 initially

Whenever you start a match, make sure you choose 'Batting Difficulty' as 'Custom' in place of Medium, Easy, Hard etc. else the Gameplay Modifiers won't apply. If you find the batting too easy, increment the final 4 modifier sliders (after Ball Marker Display Time) by 5 and continue playing. The good news is that you can tweak the sliders in the middle of a match and it takes effect. Keep on increasing & decreasing till you hit your sweet spot.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Ok here's what you do... you need to tweak only 5 Gameplay Modifiers under 'Settings' to tailor the batting experience to your needs.

Ball Marker Display Time - Set it to 40 initially and increase or decrease it as you deem fit. Higher the value the earlier the ball marker (which shows line & length) is displayed
Shot Timing Difficulty - Set it to 30 initially
Foot Placement Difficulty - Set it to 30 initially
Bowl Quality Influence - Set it to 30 initially
Shot Choice Difficulty - Set it to 30 initially

Whenever you start a match, make sure you choose 'Batting Difficulty' as 'Custom' in place of Medium, Easy, Hard etc. else the Gameplay Modifiers won't apply. If you find the batting too easy, increment the final 4 modifier sliders (after Ball Marker Display Time) by 5 and continue playing. The good news is that you can tweak the sliders in the middle of a match and it takes effect. Keep on increasing & decreasing till you hit your sweet spot.

Thanks, will give this a try. I was just battling to know exactly what the slider values are when 'Easy' is chosen for batting. Then i know what my base is to work from. 50 seems tough still, so around 40 is where i will need to be. Will test and see

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
What exactly does 'Bowl Quality Influence' affect? Does it mean a higher rated bowler has a better chance to dismiss you if they bowl well, or a good quality ball has more chance to get you out the higher this is set?

Users who are viewing this thread