Sliders & difficulty guidance...

Hondo

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am also interested in finding out the default difficulty level slider settings. I currently play in pro mode with hard difficulty settings in my career mode and I find it difficulty make runs. But when I play online I make plenty of runs. Just trying to find the balance for my career mode or single player mode games have been difficult....

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I am also interested in finding out the default difficulty level slider settings. I currently play in pro mode with hard difficulty settings in my career mode and I find it difficulty make runs. But when I play online I make plenty of runs. Just trying to find the balance for my career mode or single player mode games have been difficult....

I lowered the batting difficulty and it's working great for me. Also one thing that really helped my batting was leaving the ball. Since you get a boost to stamina and confidence it's a great way to get your player hitting it in the middle. Makes me watch the ball a bit closer too, which helps me put it away when I get a loose one.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I lowered the batting difficulty and it's working great for me. Also one thing that really helped my batting was leaving the ball. Since you get a boost to stamina and confidence it's a great way to get your player hitting it in the middle. Makes me watch the ball a bit closer too, which helps me put it away when I get a loose one.
I could have used that when I played in real life ;) was way too impatient, needed bat on ball hit for four! ;)

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think there is a lot about the game unexplained. And despite a lot of people requesting BA to just explain what some sliders etc. do, it's disappointing to see no response from them so far. I have seen the manual posted on PS store listing and it is very, very basic and does not even mention anything about Gameplay modifiers or various detailed options in Academy. I hope we do get some details regarding difficult settings, some aspects/questions regarding Career mode, explanation of various sliders.

Nope, nobody has elaborated as yet

Can only imagine Big Ant themselves know exactly what the slider levels are for each pre set difficulty

People need to realise that if BigAnt had any idea what the sliders and player attributes actually do themselves then they'd tell us. But they don't, so they don't say a word. They dont even have descriptions when highlighting particular slider settings about what they do. Same goes for the effect of pitch conditions, weather etc. The game is so badly put together they cant come out and clarify these things cos the muppets dont know themselves! This is obvious now.

Pre and post release for every MLB The Show and Codemasters F1 game, for example, the developers have always clarified exactly things that the community wanted to know, even releasing regular blogs and videos. BigAnt occasionally chip in a comment here and there to make them seem "in touch" with the community, which everyone froths over. Reality is there is a LOT of things uncovered and things they are uncertain about themselves that they cant say anything. There customer interaction is actually quite pitiful compared to many other developers.

Mubashwer

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't have match difficulty in competitions. There is no match difficulty in the main menu options either. So for competition matches, we have to pause in-game and change it everytime? Cause it's always pro for every competition.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I don't have match difficulty in competitions. There is no match difficulty in the main menu options either. So for competition matches, we have to pause in-game and change it everytime? Cause it's always pro for every competition.
I think this is taken from you default difficulty set in the main menu... not sure...

Users who are viewing this thread