India in England/Ireland/Scotland

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lets have a little fair Player Vs Player comparison.

Lets presume England bowl first.

English Bowlers Vs Indian Batsman

Sidebottom Vs Jaffer: Sidebottom strays onto Jaffers pad with his inswing and could go for runs. However, the one that goes on with the angle could square Jaffer up.

Harmison Vs Karthik: Pace and bounce may trouble the inexperienced opener who favours the half volley and spinners.

England bowlers Vs Sehwag: Well, when England came to India in 2005/6, Sehwag in 5 ODI innings failed to beat a high score of 26. This is a series with a difference for Sehwag though, since it will make or break his career.

Plunkett Vs Dravid: Dravid tends to go back to the outswinging length ball, this could be his downfall against Plunkett who produces the outswinging jaffa once every so often.

Monty Vs Tendulkar: Tendulkar struggles a lot against left arm off spin and may fall to Monty more than once or twice in the series.

Wayward English Bowlers Vs Ganguly: One to watch in both forms of the game, Ganguly will look to cut anything wide and the ball (coming at 85mph) will fly to the boundary, but will it sail into Third Man's hands.

Now for Indian Bowlers Vs English Batsman

Z Khan Vs Strauss: Strauss favours the cut and pull and Z Khan's probing line and length may frustrate him. Zaheer destroyed the Bangladeshi left handers, can he do that to Strauss?

Sreesanth Vs Cook: Cook seems to be the complete batsman who can play spin well. I believe that India's main hope of getting him out should be early quick swing by Sreesanth. Cook has over 50% conversion rate of fifties to hundreds and India must attack him early.

Munaf Patel Vs Vaughan: Vaughan's batting on form is elegance personified with no weaknesses to speak of. However, especially if he regains pace, his extremely accurate bowling may leave nothing to elegantly stroke through the gaps.

Indian Attack Vs KP: India's stump attacking method of bowling will play into KP's leg side hands. Nothing has yet to trouble Kevin Pietersen at international level, except, Munaf Patel's deceptive bouncer which seems to have him jumping all over the shop at just 80mph. Will the lazy man's bouncer prove KPs only weakness? I believe Kumble may struggle to square up KP as much as he has other batsman since KP is always on the move. Like all England series Kevin Pietersen's form will likely have a direct relation to whether England win or lose both the ODI and Test series.

Last edited:

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
That's a good comparison...I think Collingwood will succeed as he did on the last tour of India and he seems to be able to bat anywhere with no great technique just grit and determination.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
am i the only one dreading this? personally i hate odis and there completely overdone. id much rather them add a test match and chop off 2 odis. come on we had a world cup this year surely that was a allocation of most the odis. :(
I would prefer one more Test at the expense of 2 ODI's, myself.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Collingwood is the one English batsmen who is willing to do the absolute hard work Cook is developing into that type of opener

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Collingwood is the one English batsmen who is willing to do the absolute hard work Cook is developing into that type of opener
I think England are for once looking dominant batting-wise. With Collingwood and Pietersen in form and Vaughan making what seems to be a glorious comeback, there could be tough times for the Indians. We will be looking a lot at our experience to carry us through this series and hope that our pace bowlers can manage to stay injured long enough to play a few games and gain some form.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
you can never underestimate the importance of a steve waugh like player

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
you can never underestimate the importance of a steve waugh like player

:D I almost laughed my head off at that. But I see what you mean, Collingwood is simimlar to Waugh in the way he'll dig in and make hundreds when the team needs it, especialy his 134* in Nagpur last year.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Indian Attack Vs KP: Nothing has yet to trouble Kevin Pietersen at international level, except, Munaf Patel's deceptive bouncer which seems to have him jumping all over the shop at just 80mph. Will the lazy man's bouncer prove KPs only weakness?

1. Asif has been the only one to trouble KP

2. Pieterson normally swallows up other fast bowlers bouncers so how did munafs medium pace bouncers have him jumping around?
the only bowlers who i have sene make kp jump around with bouncers have been mcgrath(that broken rib), asif and sami

good attempt and most of it is good,
bar the kp bit which needs abit mroe research

manee

Chairman of Selectors
2. Pieterson normally swallows up other fast bowlers bouncers so how did munafs medium pace bouncers have him jumping around?
I don't know how, but they did, Hussain was especially shocked since they were only registering 80mph on the speed gun.. Maybe his quick arm action makes them deceptive combined with the steep bounce he gets.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I've only just bloody realised this.

My predicitions;

England 3 - 0 India

And I couldn't care less about the ODI's.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
That won't happen. For one, can you really see all of the tests being free of the odd three day spell of rain? Secondly, I think India can win the series with their strong batting line up.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
why laugh???

Comparing Collingwood to Waugh. I'm not laughing at you for the comparison, sorry if it looked that way.

I seriously doubt England will lose the test series. We should of won away with a depleted squad last year if it wasn't for some hopeless batting in the second test. And England haven't lost a home test series for 6 years and that was against the Australians at their best.

If we can bat better than India I think a 3-0 victory could happen, as our bowling ranks are far stronger and more varied in terms of the pace bowlers at least with Harmison who can hit 90mph, Hoggard, Sidebottom and Plunkett who can swing the ball with an element of control, whereas India have a similar attack all around 80mph doing the same sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread