1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We need to finish the Game today.. Rain forecast for tomorrow

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The banter has been brilliant. It's a part of cricket and I wouldn't have it any other way!

What was out of line was the way an ass Aussie commentator was asking how parents can name their kid Cheteshwar? He has no business saying that. Once again, the Aussies think they're cracking some mega joke and when they get one back they'll cry foul!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Weren't Pant comments about calling Tim Paine the temporary captain bit over the line..I feel it's time all take a breather and concentrate on the game and boosting the team morale than interfering in others lives and roles ..
Babysitting was also something I felt was not right.. Anyway different people different opinion I guess...
I think banter crosses the line if it gets personal and it's about the player's family. As long as the banter is related to the cricket, it should be tolerated as it adds some jest to Test cricket and highlights a 'battle' between the two teams and individuals.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pat Cummins is the top scorer for Australia in this series :lol
You mean ''in this match"? Because Marcus Harris is the leading run scorer for Australia in this series with 177 runs. :)

bumrahfan

School Cricketer
Bumrah has done okay so far in this series, but I am not entirely convinced he is test match material. He is known for his T20/ODI bowling and not for his test match bowling. Umesh Yadav has much more experience than a bowler like Bumrah, who has only played 9 tests.

Experience is a vital thing, and that is why players like Umesh and Vijay shouldn't be dropped. The opening pair did not show any significant improvement after dropping Vijay. For Sydney, I would drop Jadeja, Bumrah, and Pant. Bring in Umesh, Parthiv and Vijay. These 3 are experienced in test match cricket and that is the most important thing.

Umesh has also been stellar whenever given the opportunity. For instance, have a look at his jaw-dropping analysis of bowling figures in the second test. He was excellent.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The kind of sounds Pant has been making behind the stumps (I am not talking about his banter to the likes of Paine and the opposition) is really funny... :lol:clap:D It feels almost like slapstick comedy happening behind the stumps when Pant keeps.

Also there was a time when Kohli was egging Pant on to talk to the batsman and then Kohli had a chuckle to himself. That was incredible! :D

bumrahfan

School Cricketer
The kind of sounds Pant has been making behind the stumps (I am not talking about his banter to the likes of Paine and the opposition) is really funny... :lol:clap:D It feels almost like slapstick comedy happening behind the stumps when Pant keeps.

Also there was a time when Kohli was egging Pant on to talk to the batsman and then Kohli had a chuckle to himself. That was incredible! :D

I think Pant has been horrendous throughout the series, both with the bat and the gloves. Parthiv is a significantly better player.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Bumrah has done okay so far in this series, but I am not entirely convinced he is test match material. He is known for his T20/ODI bowling and not for his test match bowling. Umesh Yadav has much more experience than a bowler like Bumrah, who has only played 9 tests.

Experience is a vital thing, and that is why players like Umesh and Vijay shouldn't be dropped. The opening pair did not show any significant improvement after dropping Vijay. For Sydney, I would drop Jadeja, Bumrah, and Pant. Bring in Umesh, Parthiv and Vijay. These 3 are experienced in test match cricket and that is the most important thing.

Umesh has also been stellar whenever given the opportunity. For instance, have a look at his jaw-dropping analysis of bowling figures in the second test. He was excellent.

Welcome back! You and your sarcasm dipped jibes! It's getting monotonous, don't you think!

Oh yeah..... All the players you talk about, have not got the kind of consistent run in the team as Bumrah has got. Bumrah has been really lucky that he has got the captain's backing and has played games on a consistent basis. Umesh has been treated like crap till now and we all saw how Vijay was thrown out mid way during the England tour. And at that point, Vijay was a stellar overseas batsman who was going through a bad patch. Rahane despite going through a bad patch was persisted but Vijay did not get that same treatment.

At that point, Umesh was better suited to test cricket than Bumrah. Bumrah got the opportunities despite that and credit to him for grabbing it (I've given him that credit). Pant is NOT AT ALL SUITED FOR TEST CRICKET and I will stick by it!!! Pant has already made me wait eagerly for Wriddhiman Saha's return and Saha is no great shakes either. I have lost hope on Vijay but truth be said, had he been given the respect he deserves for being the most reliable batsman overseas, he could've overturned his rough patch. Maybe he was not lucky after all.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I think Pant has been horrendous throughout the series, both with the bat and the gloves. Parthiv is a significantly better player.

One more sarcasm tinged post directed at me, and off you go into my ignore list. I have been talking here so far in a respectful way and have even appreciated your loyal backing for Bumrah when almost no one (not just me, NO ONE) rated/expected him to be a good test match bowler.

I give credit where it's due and when I am proved wrong, I accept it. If you are someone who is bent on going on an endless sarcastic rant, feel free and I will gladly put you on my ignore list.

bumrahfan

School Cricketer
Welcome back! You and your sarcasm dipped jibes! It's getting monotonous, don't you think!

Oh yeah..... All the players you talk about, have not got the kind of consistent run in the team as Bumrah has got. Bumrah has been really lucky that he has got the captain's backing and has played games on a consistent basis. Umesh has been treated like crap till now and we all saw how Vijay was thrown out mid way during the England tour. And at that point, Vijay was a stellar overseas batsman who was going through a bad patch. Rahane despite going through a bad patch was persisted but Vijay did not get that same treatment.

At that point, Umesh was better suited to test cricket than Bumrah. Bumrah got the opportunities despite that and credit to him for grabbing it (I've given him that credit). Pant is NOT AT ALL SUITED FOR TEST CRICKET and I will stick by it!!! Pant has already made me wait eagerly for Wriddhiman Saha's return and Saha is no great shakes either. I have lost hope on Vijay but truth be said, had he been given the respect he deserves for being the most reliable batsman overseas, he could've overturned his rough patch. Maybe he was not lucky after all.

I'm not sure what you're on about. Bumrah has by no means grabbed his opportunity. Umesh is still the more proven test player. He has played at least 50 tests, from memory. Bumrah only 9. Umesh is the better player than Bumrah. No one in their sane mind would argue that Bumrah should be chosen over Umesh.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I'm not sure what you're on about. Bumrah has by no means grabbed his opportunity. Umesh is still the more proven test player. He has played at least 50 tests, from memory. Bumrah only 9. Umesh is the better player than Bumrah. No one in their sane mind would argue that Bumrah should be chosen over Umesh.

OK. Good luck with your sarcasm rant. Off you go on my ignore list.

Users who are viewing this thread