India v South Africa in Ireland

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's irrelevant because you just randomly brought it up! We were talking about Ab Devilliers and suddenly you were like "what about cheating" without even making a point. Yes cheating is worse...and no one will disagree with you on that because its... cheating. Where were you getting at with bringing it up? What was your point?

My point was that this wasn't the first incident of not walking and they are worse things than not walking so stop making it such a big deal.

playkid12 said:
Really now. Is that why you called me names? Really funny you say this because plenty of people repeat your words too, just go back. And REALLY? I don't make points? What about that post on how I think it should actively be penalized by the ICC? Or the fact that edges can't always be felt (which was actually said earlier by someone, but you didn't apparently read that post and in your post, which was much later, you asked why thick and thin edges were even important). As far as saying that it doesn't matter what the mass does because what he did was wrong, I was replying to you saying "There have been far worse incidents of 'gamemanship' than this."

Again, you've lost me completely in your statements.

WTF are you talking about? Quote me on these occurrences please. And telling you to get off your high horse or pulling out a stick isn't calling you names...

playkid12 said:
Yes, that's because this was already being discussed when I came on this topic, so I added my two cents. Also, this is current. Other incidents like this were from a while ago. And finally, and probably most importantly, this forum isn't the only place where I voice my opinions on these matters.

Well, then why were they directed at me? You quoted me 5 times. Why not speak to everyone?

playkid12

Club Captain
My point was that this wasn't the first incident of not walking and they are worse things than not walking so stop making it such a big deal.

And my point was that yes, it wasnt a first incident, its commonplace, and there are many worse things than walking, but it's good to discuss it because it's important to see if something that's done so regularly is good sportsmanship. By this, I don't mean the laws of cricket. I know that its legal and the batsman has every right to do as he pleases. However, the question is whether its good sportsmanship, and sportsmanship has two dimensions: morality and law. The law part is taken care of because its not against the rules of cricket, however the question remains whether its 'moral' to stay at the crease (if you don't grasp what I'm trying to say about the relationship between sportsmanship and law, think of the match between Australia and New Zealand with the most unsportsmanlike behavior in the history of the game...however, the underarm ball off the last delivery was legal according to the game's laws).

So, in short, I think its important. Think of even piracy. Piracy is rampant..almost everyone does it. If a particular person was caught with piracy, should that person's actions not be discussed?

WTF are you talking about? Quote me on these occurrences please. And telling you to get off your high horse or pulling out a stick isn't calling you names...

Stick up your ass isn't calling names? Alright, then you didn't. And thanks for apologizing rather than defending yourself. I guess I must've forgot the rules of debating properly. Now, I know it's perfectly fine to call someone annoying, on a high horse, and with a stick up their ass in a discussion.

Well, then why were they directed at me? You quoted me 5 times. Why not speak to everyone?

You were the only one making valid points. The people that agreed with you were just saying the same thing as you.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Ok, I wish to end this pointless arguement. De Villiars did not walk, ethically, he should have walked, but cricket is not an ethical game and it is the umpire's not the batsman's duty to give people out. Was tapping the pad a bit much? Probably, but it was batsmans instict to protect his wicket at all costs.

Did De Villiars decision give him many more runs? No. Did South Africa win? No.

Get over it!

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Ok, I wish to end this pointless arguement. De Villiars did not walk, ethically, he should have walked, but cricket is not an ethical game and it is the umpire's not the batsman's duty to give people out. Was tapping the pad a bit much? Probably, but it was batsmans instict to protect his wicket at all costs.

Did De Villiars decision give him many more runs? No. Did South Africa win? No.

Get over it!

This post can end the discussion. No more need be said.

And my point was that yes, it wasnt a first incident, its commonplace, and there are many worse things than walking, but it's good to discuss it because it's important to see if something that's done so regularly is good sportsmanship. By this, I don't mean the laws of cricket. I know that its legal and the batsman has every right to do as he pleases. However, the question is whether its good sportsmanship, and sportsmanship has two dimensions: morality and law. The law part is taken care of because its not against the rules of cricket, however the question remains whether its 'moral' to stay at the crease (if you don't grasp what I'm trying to say about the relationship between sportsmanship and law, think of the match between Australia and New Zealand with the most unsportsmanlike behavior in the history of the game...however, the underarm ball off the last delivery was legal according to the game's laws).

So, in short, I think its important. Think of even piracy. Piracy is rampant..almost everyone does it. If a particular person was caught with piracy, should that person's actions not be discussed?

Stick up your ass isn't calling names? Alright, then you didn't. And thanks for apologizing rather than defending yourself. I guess I must've forgot the rules of debating properly. Now, I know it's perfectly fine to call someone annoying, on a high horse, and with a stick up their ass in a discussion.

You were the only one making valid points. The people that agreed with you were just saying the same thing as you.

I have nothing to apologise for unless you actually do have a stick up your ass.

I was just saying that you should top acting as if you were the prefect moral example.

Last edited:

playkid12

Club Captain
Okay...I was going to end it...

You said end the discussion and then you threw a rock at me. As far as stick up your ass is concerned...where I'm from, that's a statement used to depict homosexuality. Basically calling the other person gay.

But whatever, I'll end it

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I was going to end before I saw that line in your previous post. Where I'm from, that means stop being so uptight. End it in your next post, I don't care.

And stop playing the victim, you have said you fair share

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Indians have reached London now for their England tour.

So lets move the discussion to the respective thread now. And hopefully we have lesser arguments there!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
LMAO. I'm glad this thread hasn't been touched by the moderators (yet). Or maybe it has and the deleted posts hack for other people has been... deleted.

Well I had stuff to add but seeing as everyone seems to have resolved to end discussion, I'll ATD it.

karnog

International Cricketer
evil grin at the argument... not a bad series. India showed that they got some good talent (rather than an hypothesis). Kartik is fast becoming an important member and the next series will define if Kartik can really handle the top class bowling (in tests that is). As for de villiers, most people don't walk. Plus, SA didnt win anyway (as manee stated). SA have found a really good spinner (i'm impressed and considering india are a strong spin playing nation, hates off to him. Not many spinners succeed against india).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread