World Cup INDIA VS PAKISTAN 2015 WORLD CUP MATCH

Yamin

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Congrats to India, outplayed us in every department and looked far the better/more drilled team.

Few issues:

1) Umar Akmal should not have been given out , DRS is meant to eliminate obivous umpire mistakes not allow them the freedom to make a new decision. Either way game was lost , but would be intresting to see the reaction of the BCCI and ICC if Kohli was given out on a decision like that.

2) During the middle overs it was pathetic to see the way the Pak spinners allowed the indian batsman to pick singles at will. Misbah is a brilliant player but as captain surely he shouldve seen the game drifting. Should have plugged the gaps and made the Indian batsman hit over the top.

3) Ahmed Shehzads dismissal was definetly the turning point, the ball was their to hit and having been in for 70 odd balls he shouldve played it alot better. Without Hafeez he has to step up as the aggressor , at the moment he seems as if hes playing for his place. The team management need to tell him go out and play his natural game without fear of failure.

On to fridays game with west indies!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I believe that the third umpire (or whoever made the decision) had a 50-50 decision to make on that Umar Akmal decision and he decided to go in favor of the fielding side. Normally they say "when in doubt, give it in favor of the batsmen". Maybe Akmal could have been reprieved there. But to me, its not a howler.

Lets see how many more interesting decisions the DRS brings during this tournament. Probably the only tournament where you would see India using the technology. And fortunately, the technology aided them this time. Hoping it continues to aid them.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Its a howler, there is no 50-50 as per ICC. Its a law, I guess Law#27 in Appeals section (not sure about the number) that when in doubt its a NOT OUT.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its a howler, there is no 50-50 as per ICC. Its a law, I guess Law#27 in Appeals section (not sure about the number) that when in doubt its a NOT OUT.

Well, my definition of a howler is then different from yours. To me, a "howler" is something where its so obvious that its out or not out, but the umpire gives it otherwise. In this case, it was not at all obvious that Akmal was not out. The snicko registers a faint noise when ball passes bat, and at the same time there is a big gap between bat and pad. The only issue was that the noise was very very faint on the snicko.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well, my definition of a howler is then different from yours. To me, a "howler" is something where its so obvious that its out or not out, but the umpire gives it otherwise. In this case, it was not at all obvious that Akmal was not out. The snicko registers a faint noise when ball passes bat, and at the same time there is a big gap between bat and pad. The only issue was that the noise was very very faint on the snicko.
Since according to ICC a law is there which ask umpires to give not out even if there is doubt after asking the 3rd umpire, then by this law it was a not out and giving it out is actually against those written rules hence I consider it as a howler. Also according to new ICC rules a 3rd umpire can not decide on its own, he takes a clue from the on-field umpire and then decide which makes this dismissal more shocking. A clarification by ICC is what we need probably the reason of giving Umar Akmal out or accept it as a mistake.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Since according to ICC a law is there which ask umpires to give not out even if there is doubt after asking the 3rd umpire, then by this law it was a not out and giving it out is actually against those written rules hence I consider it as a howler. Also according to new ICC rules a 3rd umpire can not decide on its own, he takes a clue from the on-field umpire and then decide which makes this dismissal more shocking. A clarification by ICC is what we need probably the reason of giving Umar Akmal out or accept it as a mistake.
But still there was a faint noise which is obviously from the bat.Then,why should we say there is a doubt.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
There are distinct waveforms for each kind of sound and the particular sound of leather hitting the bat is where you see a clear peak in middle (no matter how small). This so called faint noise can be due to the due to feet movement or ball zipped past the bat or just due to some movement by the wicketkeeper. Again we are talking about so many doubts. Also You can view the video again but I am attaching couple of screenshots where the "After" one shows that the sound starts when ball was not near the edge of bat but already passed it with quite some distance. Since 3rd umpire don't have the middle frame then the doubt still remain.

Before:
Before.jpg

After:
After.jpg

Probably what ever the reason might be but I feel it was inconsistent to give this out, but end of topic is that it was given out and we should move on.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
There was definitely something on snicko but what also might have contributed to the decision was the deviation of the ball after it past the bat. There was a clear deviation after the ball went past the bat. It was not obvious but there was definitely something there. Anyways, I don't know why this issue is being dragged so much. There was another run out appeal involving Ahmed Shahzad in which I thought his bat was in the air. That decision was given not out and I was shocked because to me that was out but third umpire gave the benefit of doubt to the batsman.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
There are distinct waveforms for each kind of sound and the particular sound of leather hitting the bat is where you see a clear peak in middle (no matter how small). This so called faint noise can be due to the due to feet movement or ball zipped past the bat or just due to some movement by the wicketkeeper. Again we are talking about so many doubts. Also You can view the video again but I am attaching couple of screenshots where the "After" one shows that the sound starts when ball was not near the edge of bat but already passed it with quite some distance. Since 3rd umpire don't have the middle frame then the doubt still remain.

Before:
View attachment 139805

After:
View attachment 139807

Probably what ever the reason might be but I feel it was inconsistent to give this out, but end of topic is that it was given out and we should move on.
But the Run out-Not out was a bit too much a benefit of doubt for the batsman so its even with this :p

Users who are viewing this thread