India

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
people called for pontings head when australia's golden age of players began retiring and they started losing, they eventually installed someone that had been groomed for ages to usher in a new age. worked well, hasn't it?

Pretty well thus far :yes But importantly, Australia also installed new SELECTORS and COACH at basically the same time, along with an independent review into what was going wrong with Aussie cricket. If India does ANY of these things I'll be impressed :p

Epic

Panel of Selectors
It surprises me that you lot still want to stick around with a man whose 'common sense'[read squad selections, bowling changes, baffling batting strike-rates] led you to 0-8 whitewashes, non-qualification to the Finals of the CB Series, loss to BD eventually resulting in a knockout from the Asia Cup and inability to make the semis of the WT20.

MSD has been at the helm for half a decade now and his methods are starting to fall apart. Additionally, he would not have made the Test XI if he weren't the captain.

I still say institute Gambhir as a Test skipper and Kohli as T20. If you ain't gonna give people chances ,how on earth would you know whether they are capable of doing a good job ?

First of selectors pick the squad, not the captain and these bowling changes you bring up they were once labelled 'smart', now they are 'wrong'. Baffling batting S/R, I'll come back to this.

0-8 whitewash, the scoreline in itself says a lot, there really isn't much a captain can do when your whole team is falling apart in every aspect of the game. Non-qualification to the finals of the CB series, all I have to say here is Dhoni has actually won a series in Australia, unlike your 'dada'. Loss to Bangladesh in the Asia Cup, Mahela's in-form SL lost all their group games in the Asia Cup and to add on to that they actually made the all important CB series final against Australia. Failing to make the semis in the T20 WC, one game cost us and in that one game we batted poorly, bowled poorly, but you choose to blame the captain. :facepalm

Gambhir for Test skipper, joke of the year, especially considering his place in the team isn't a permanent one and since when is half a decade the 'end', if we were to go by this Kohli would have to give up his captaincy by the age of 28. :lol

Gambhir Tests - last 2 years
3d5ff716baa64907ad002b6.png

3d77b0cfe7414c1987846f9.png

Baffling average is okay, but a baffling S/R is not okay. :facepalm

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I would not mind if they bring back Ganguly now, at least he knew how to build a team with good players. Under him, I am sure Tiwary would have gotten a few games at least and we wouldn't have been subject to the horror of seeing Piyush Chawla in the squad.

The same team that was part of the 0-8 drubbing? And I'm sure Ganguly would've given more chances to Manoj Tiwary, after all, he is Bengali. Why do you think Ganguly sits in the comm box jizzing over Dinda? Obvious favoritism and like I said above, a captain doesn't go around picking the squad, thats what the selectors are there for and even if Dhoni did put in a word for Chawla he would have used him more. He obviously didn't because Chawla only played 2/5 games, 3-fa in the first, 1 over in the second.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ganguly likes Dinda cause Dinda is quite capable and he runs in fast. Zaheer is on the decline and I believe he is finished. As for Tiwary being preferred cause of the same region- I do not buy that argument. Even with Ganguly at the helm ,I dont think Indian cricket has seen any other Bengali make it to the team on a regular basis.[Dasgupta was the only one I knew]. Tiwary's non-inclusion keeps on baffling me even though the others have failed far often.The difference between Saurav and MS can be easily seen

As for Chawla, kindly remind me of what he has done to warrant selection in the team ? Is he the best leg-spinner in the country ? I'd pick Rahul Sharma anyday. Popular opinion points towards the fact that Chawla was a good-luck charm for the team and hence found his way in.

----------

First of selectors pick the squad, not the captain and these bowling changes you bring up they were once labelled 'smart', now they are 'wrong'. Baffling batting S/R, I'll come back to this.

Gambhir for Test skipper, joke of the year, especially considering his place in the team isn't a permanent one and since when is half a decade the 'end', if we were to go by this Kohli would have to give up his captaincy by the age of 28. :lol

Gambhir Tests - last 2 years
3d5ff716baa64907ad002b6.png

3d77b0cfe7414c1987846f9.png

Baffling average is okay, but a baffling S/R is not okay. :facepalm

The captain must be having some say-it is obvious that the captains gives his list and discusses with the selectrs via Webcam or so.

Sri Lanka's form in the Asia Cup was sad, but prior to that they did reach the finals of the CB Series. The way they played was far far better than India. However, with such an important series at stake, would it not have been better had MSD not rotated the openers every now and then ?
I stick by whatever I said - his decisions and the fact that he keeps on blaming other factors is really irritating. For example, the rain in the match vs Australia. It definitely did not shorten the match ,did it ?

Gambhir as Test skipper, yes. a fresh induction of new ideas is required and he is the right man to do it. MSD would not walk into the best XI Test Indian players as of today.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Ganguly likes Dinda cause Dinda is quite capable and he runs in fast. Zaheer is on the decline and I believe he is finished. As for Tiwary being preferred cause of the same region- I do not buy that argument. Even with Ganguly at the helm ,I dont think Indian cricket has seen any other Bengali make it to the team on a regular basis.[Dasgupta was the only one I knew]. Tiwary's non-inclusion keeps on baffling me even though the others have failed far often.The difference between Saurav and MS can be easily seen

As for Chawla, kindly remind me of what he has done to warrant selection in the team ? Is he the best leg-spinner in the country ? I'd pick Rahul Sharma anyday. Popular opinion points towards the fact that Chawla was a good-luck charm for the team and hence found his way in.

This is turning into a bit of a contradiction party really, it's okay to pick Sehwag on rep, but it's wrong to pick Zaheer on rep? And how the hell are you going to bring Tiwary into the side without dropping a certain so and so? Our middle order consists of Yuvraj, Raina and Rohit, all 3 of 'em have huge T20 reps and stats to back it up.

Yuvraj Singh - Career
83a0257eb69a470581533cd.png

8766059c2f384d5b86115a6.png

Suresh Raina - Career

bac3814664a74d2287aabd6.png

Rohit Sharma - Career

1fb609917ad848a888f1453.png

Take a side, you either pick players on rep or you pick players on form, there's no middle ground where you say "hmm, I like so and so, he should play every game regardless"

Sure Piyush Chawla didn't deserve a spot, but you can't sit there and tell me that Dhoni had a part in his selection, 'cus if he did he would have surely played MORE games. He played 2/5 games, one against England where he took a 3-fa and another against Australia where he only bowled 1 over, tbf to him, he exceeded my expectations. :rolleyes

The captain must be having some say-it is obvious that the captains gives his list and discusses with the selectrs via Webcam or so.

Sri Lanka's form in the Asia Cup was sad, but prior to that they did reach the finals of the CB Series. The way they played was far far better than India. However, with such an important series at stake, would it not have been better had MSD not rotated the openers every now and then ?
I stick by whatever I said - his decisions and the fact that he keeps on blaming other factors is really irritating. For example, the rain in the match vs Australia. It definitely did not shorten the match ,did it ?

Gambhir as Test skipper, yes. a fresh induction of new ideas is required and he is the right man to do it. MSD would not walk into the best XI Test Indian players as of today.

31abdd1e6ea54910b94bc3e.png

There are many words to describe that, but far far better is not one of them.

I agree with you on the rotation policy, he should've just dropped Sehwag for all the games and a match doesn't have to get shortened to be affected by rain, IIRC we played 3 spinners that day and it rained under the lights, self explanatory really. Sure Dhoni wouldn't walk into best XI Test Indian players as of today, but neither would Gambhir.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Simply because Dhoni's relations are not good with him.

spooony

Club Captain
So not liking a guy is more important than progressing as he was India's best impact bowler

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Simply because Dhoni's relations are not good with him.

Well if we were to go by the popular logic that Dhoni picks the squad then Bhaji wouldn't have made it in the first place, which in itself was questionable because he did nothing to warrant a well deserved comeback. Yeah, sure he put in some decent performances during his rather short County stint, but it was nothing compared to what Ojha did year round.

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So not liking a guy is more important than progressing as he was India's best impact bowler
If you were following Indian cricket then you would know that Dhoni has a long history of selecting and dropping guys he likes and dislikes respectively.
It's about time he realizes that this is the national XI and not his birthday party where he can invite only those with whom his relations are good.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
If you were following Indian cricket then you would know that Dhoni has a long history of dropping and selecting guys I like and dislike respectively.
It's about time he realizes that this is the Yudi XI and not his birthday party where he can invite only those with whom his relations are good.

All fixed now. :thumbs

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

All that is what people like to believe... We basically try to decipher about who Dhoni has good relations with and with whom he does not.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
All that is what people like to believe... We basically try to decipher about who Dhoni has good relations with and with whom he does not.

Did you hear, Dhoni slapped Bhaji at a team meeting?

Go to weliketomakestuffupforratings.com - No.1 source for all things Dhoni. :rolleyes

S

Satan666

If you were following Indian cricket then you would know that Dhoni has a long history of selecting and dropping guys he likes and dislikes respectively.
It's about time he realizes that this is the national XI and not his birthday party where he can invite only those with whom his relations are good.

You guys have proof to support this? If not stop making baseless accusations!

Isn't there a selection committee for Team India? Or Dhoni selects all 15+ players by himself?

Users who are viewing this thread