Indian Domestic Cricket

Has anyone heard about Rishi Dhawan? Akash Chopra has been saying a lot of good about this lad from Himachal Pradesh. About his allround capabilities in FC format.

It took 9 years for the other Dhawan to break into the team, God only knows how many more it would take this young lad here.:D

^ Much lesser than Shikhar Dhawan. Shikhar is a batsman in the country full of batsman where this guy is an all-rounder which are rare in India. Stats looks good but I was thinking about Abhishek Nayar. He had pretty good season this year.

Abhishek Nayar can lend in a lot of solid stability to the side. He is a very good batsman and can double up as a decent medium-pace option too. He'll come in handy on foreign tour wherein the issue of the extra batsman or the 5th bowler will crop up.

Has anyone heard about Rishi Dhawan? Akash Chopra has been saying a lot of good about this lad from Himachal Pradesh. About his allround capabilities in FC format.

What kind of an allrounder is he? I hope not another military medium bowler who can bat a bit. I wish we can get a good fast bowling all rounder. And definitely an above average fielder.

What kind of an allrounder is he? I hope not another military medium bowler who can bat a bit. I wish we can get a good fast bowling all rounder. And definitely an above average fielder.

Unfortunately, we don't produce any pace bowling allrounders with good pace and Rishi is yet another man who can bowl military medium but with good effect. I wish we would produce the likes of at least an Obus Pienaar.

It took 9 years for the other Dhawan to break into the team, God only knows how many more it would take this young lad here.:D

Maybe 10 years from now when the old crow Sachin is finally dropped from the Indian setup hahah!

Great team picked for the India A tour of South Africa.
India in Zimbabwe 2013 : Parvez Rasool, Mohit Sharma get maiden call-ups; Virat Kohli to lead | Cricket News | Zimbabwe v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Pujara, Dhawan and Vijay are expected to be India's top order in the test series vs South Africa at the end of this year. So them playing this 'A' tour will give them good experience before hand. And among the rest - Raina, Rohit, Rayudu, Karthik, Saha, Rahane are all the frontline backups that you would expect for our national test side. So the 'A' team selected comprises heavily of future India players. This will be brilliant experience for these guys to get a feel of SA conditions before the all important test series in November. Bravo job by the selectors!

Tbh, I actually didn't understand what they meant a couple of days ago by stating seniors might be rested !

Don't know about Mohit Sharma much, but Unadkat, really? Never had faith in him!
Congratulations to Rasool, what a proud moment for the state! :clap

Tbh, I actually didn't understand what they meant a couple of days ago by stating seniors might be rested !

Don't know about Mohit Sharma much, but Unadkat, really? Never had faith in him!
Congratulations to Rasool, what a proud moment for the state! :clap

That was just speculation. I am not sure any selector dropped hints about resting seniors. And in our team right now, only Dhoni can be classified as 'senior' (to an extent, Kohli also). The rest are pretty much juniors.

Users who are viewing this thread