IPL Indian Premier League 2010

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I'm confused by this as IPL players can only make a maximum of 1 milllion (which Kevin will make) while NBA players make well over that per season.

The players from seasons 1 and 2 can make more than 1 million. However, players who are bought season 3 and onwards can only make 750k maximum. Any additional money from the bid goes to the IPL.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
:clap

Also explains why Sohail Tanvir went to the extent of abusing my religion after being snubbed in the IPL :clap

I'm confused by this as IPL players can only make a maximum of 1 milllion (which Kevin will make) while NBA players make well over that per season.

Maybe because IPL is just 3 years old and NBA has been around for like 50 years? :sarcasm

Making anything over $250,000 for a 7 week tournament where you get payed your entire salary even if you warm the benches the entire season is outstanding. And lets not forget that this is cricket. This is not Football which is played in like over 175 countries around the world. So an Indian Domestic Tournament paying players as handsomely as the research shows, is all-in-all amazing.

And NBA and EPL are played round the year. So isn't it amazing that players of just a 7 week tournament called IPL are the 2nd Best paid in all sports? :)

Rather than being parochial, we should be happy for the players and the sport. And now exponents even in F1 consider cricket's success as a challenge to their sport - Nick Fry on Cricket

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
:clap

Also explains why Sohail Tanvir went to the extent of abusing my religion after being snubbed in the IPL :clap
I`m yet to find a credible source to support that bit which makes me believe its a case of the media coming up with some irresponsible bit of `news`.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Sky figures show that England likes the IPL, no matter what is said about it online :p

Params7

International Cricketer
Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors

Thanks for the numbers there! Was waiting for them , it is fair to say that is a fairly lareg difference, but you do have to factor in the time in which the England game was being played and the opponents. Would be interesting to see how these IPL figures compared to the viewing figures of the last Ashes.

But any how, the IPL really seems to have died down now, match threads at the start were getting 8+ pages, now some struggle to make it past 3! It goes on far too long.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Thanks for the numbers there! Was waiting for them , it is fair to say that is a fairly lareg difference, but you do have to factor in the time in which the England game was being played and the opponents. Would be interesting to see how these IPL figures compared to the viewing figures of the last Ashes.

But any how, the IPL really seems to have died down now, match threads at the start were getting 8+ pages, now some struggle to make it past 3! It goes on far too long.

Agreed. I haven't watched the last 15 or so games.

Gurjot95

National Board President
IPL 2010 is still wide open for all teams (except KXI obviously) to reach semis. That's the only reason people still watch otherwise many people would have left watching it long ago. My interest in IPL have dropped after it's first 6 or 7 games.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
yeah it's right.
The interest of IPL is dying now.
Agree with Rahul, I'm also watching it because of semifinal competition.

I have not seen a single bowl of last 8 matches and 2 MI matches (which they lost.:p)

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I watched the first like 10 games religiously, but since then, it has just gone on and on, and I don't reallty care anymore :p

Users who are viewing this thread