Story Indian Premier League[C07]-Mumbai vs Bangalore - Who won??

jarl

International Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
awesome Mumbai will do better

they wont have simmed as sides havent been picked??

do we choose the side for each match? then you post cards and a short report?

good luck and cant wait

We already have the starting 11 from the old thread, but before each game you will have to pick your team, and the story should be similar to what Gamer, Surendar and Shantanu do in there stories...:happy

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Punjab_Kings.JPG

Kings XI Punjab is a sports franchise based in Mohali in the eight team Indian Premier League. The team will be led by Yuvraj Singh who is also the Icon Player and coached by Tom Moody, the former Aussie all rounder.

Players

India middle order batsman Yuvraj Singh is the designated icon player for the franchise and will also captain the team . In addition they have Sri Lanka's keeper Snagarkara , New Zealand fast bowler Shane Bond , English allrounder Flintof and Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akthar .

Squads

Icon
Yuvraj Singh

Batsmen
Lou Vincent
Andrew Strauss
Michael Vaughan
Suresh Raina
Peter Fulton
Mohd Ashraful
Mohd Hafeez​

All Rounders
Andrew Flintoff
Dimitri Masceranhas

Wicket Keepers
Kumar Sangarkkara
Prasanna Jayawardene

Bowlers
Ben Hiferhaus
Mark Gillespie
Brad Hogg
Dan Cullen
Murali Kartik
Andre Nel
Shoaib Akthar
Shane Bond

Fixtures
Mohali vs Chennai
Jaipur v Mohali
Mohali vs Mumbai
Mohali vs Delhi
Hydrebad vs Mohali
Mohali vs Kolkata
Banaglore vs Mohali

Prediction

Top 4 - to reach the semi finals

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
I have left PC and will not be active anymore...however I will still be participating as a manager in this thread

It will be the only thread in the whole of Planetcricket that I participate in!11

jarl

International Captain
I have left PC and will not be active anymore...however I will still be participating as a manager in this thread

It will be the only thread in the whole of Planetcricket that I participate in!11

Thats good to hear freddiw and good luck with whatever it is that you will be doing for now on :happy:clap

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
6y1eft.gif

IndianPremierLeague.jpg

Teams

Kolkata Knight Riders (Kolkata)
Deccan Chargers (Hydrebad)
Mumbai Indians (Mumbai)
Rajasthan Royals (Jaipur)
Kings XI Punjab (Mohali)
Bangalore Royal Challengers (Bangalore)
Chennai SuperKings (Chennai)
Delhi Daredevils (Delhi)

Information about Twenty20 cricket

Twenty20 is a form of cricket, originally introduced by the England and Wales Cricket Board in 2003. In this format of the game each team bats for a maximum of only 20 overs. A Twenty20 game is completed in about three hours, with each innings lasting around 75 minutes.

Information about Indian Premier League

The Indian Premier League (also known as the "DLF Indian Premier League"), is a Twenty20 cricket competition created by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and sanctioned by the International Cricket Council.

Rules

Normal Twenty 20 Rules:

1.Should a bowler deliver a no ball by overstepping the popping crease, it costs 1 run and his next delivery is designated a free-hit, from which the batsman can only be dismissed through a run out

2. Bowlers may bowl a maximum of only 4 overs per innings.

3. Only 2 fielders are allowed outside the circle in the first 6 overs

Indian Premier League Rules:

1.Every player in the squad should play a minimum of 1 match

2.Icon player should play each and every match

3.Points
*4 points will be awarded if a team wins
*1 Bonus point if a team wins within 16 overs
*Top 4 teams having maximum points to play in the Semi Finals

Telecasting Rights:

logo_espn.gif

The telecasting rights for the DLF Indian Premier League is given to ESPN . ESPN will be bringing a lot of new innovative technologies with all new style presentation and new commentary team with the best commentators from all test playing commentators and some special guests . The matches will be shown live on Star Sports , Star Cricket and ESPN .

Technologies
There will be a lot of new technologies to be used during this tournament . All cricket fans will be going crazy .

1. HAWKEYE
Hawkeye is the best technology which ESPN STAR have used for their past series. The hawkeye will be new with different angles and all animated. This is the most promising thing from ESPN STAR

2. HOT SPOT
Hot Spot will be first time used in the Natwest Series . Hot Spot is a really great technology to detect whether the ball has touched the bat , pad or the glove .

3.SNICKOMETER
Snickometer is a great technology which gives the confirmation of caught behind if the ball has caught the edge of the bat or not. The Snickometer will be fully animated with thin peaks confirming the decision.

4)Presentation
The presentation for the Indian Premier League will be simply stunning . All new layouts for the scorecards, bowling cards, player stats, bowlers pitchmaps, partnership graphs and much more .

Last edited:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kolkata Knight Riders

Adam Gillchrist (wk)
Marcus Trescothick
Robin Uthappa
Saurov Ganguly (C)
Simon Katich
Dwayne Bravo
Shaun Pollock (VC) (b5)
Brett Lee (b1)
Makhaya Ntini (b3)
Shaun Tait (b2)
Jerome Taylor (b4)

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Bangalore Royal Challengers

untitled2rx3.jpg

Harsha Bhogle :
Welcome to the first game of the inaugural DLF Indian Premier League . We are live here in Kolkata ahead of the opening game between host Kolkata Knight Riders and the Bangalore Royal Challengers . I have Sunil Gavaskar and David Llyod alongside me in the studio . The scene is set for a wonderful game of cricket. Everyone is expecting some fireworks today from both sides and hopefully it will be a fantastic match. David, what is the buzz like around the ground as the fans flood in?

David Llyod :
Well Harsha it is really electric atmosphere out there. As you can see lots of people have turned up for the first match of IPL and there are still 15 mins to go and the stadium is pack and the atmosphere is brilliant there is musci around the ground and its just brilliant .

Harsha Bhogle :
Yes it seems the crowd are really up for this massive occasion here in Kolkata. Sunny lost of talk have taken place here in India about Indian Premier League and finally it is about to start how do you feel about it ?

Sunil Gavaskar :
Well Harsha as you can see its pretty much everyone has been talking about it . The hype has been massive and everyone in India is looking forward to this Indian premier League . I am sure this tournament will also get lots of people in India to watch and get involved in the game.
With the best players in the world playing for different cities and against team mates its really gonna be exciting to watch it and I am really excited to watch it and I hope it bring success to cricket in India .

Harsha Bhogle :
Well we have now got the pitch report with Ian Botham who is down pitch side.

The Pitch Report

71993892kz5.jpg

Ian Botham :
Well Harsha the pitch here is absolutely brilliant for Twenty20 cricket. It is dusty and has pace and bounce as well. The batsmen will love this pitch as the ball will come nicely on the bat and the outfield in lightning quick. There will also be some turn for the spinners as bangalore would love to exploit it with 2 spinners in their side . So if the ball gets past the infield then the fielders should not even bother to chase that. The bowler will have to work hard to keep the runs down but this is a Twenty20 game so there are lots of chances that the batsmen will make mistakes with the shot selection. The team batting first will want a quick start and make good use of this pitch to score well over 160 runs. According to me 180 or 190 runs are even possible and we should get ready for lots of fireworks from the batting team. Back to you Harsha.

Harsh Bhogle :
Thanks Ian. Well according to Ian Botham the team winning the toss should bat first. Nasser Hussain is ready with the two captains for the toss.

TOSS

Nasser Hussain :
Thanks Harsha, I have the two captains and Saurav Ganguly is ready with the coin and Rahud Dravid has called heads . And It is heads . Saurav what would you do?

Saurav Gangully :
We would bat first on this pitch and like to get some runs on the board .

Nasser Hussian :
Are you excited about the IPL and what do you think about it ?

Saurav Ganguly :
Yeah , I am very excited and cant wait to go out there to play some shots . Yeah Ipl will be a great sucess in India and it has a very bright future .

Nasser Hussain :
we just got the news that you have 4 openers in the team and so where you gonna play ?

Saurav Ganguly :
Yeah thats right , Adam and Marcus will open followed by Robin and then me .

Nasser Hussain :
Ok , Good Luck for the match . Rahul you would also have batted first ?

Rahul Dravid :
Yeah , It looks very good for batting but I dont think the conditions will not change a lot as the game progresses .

Nasser Hussian :
You going with two spinners Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh in the side ?

Rahul Dravid :
Yeah , we had a small inspection pitch today morning and this pitch will have help the spinners so we are going with two spinners .

Nasser Hussain :
Thank You , and Good Luck .

Rahul Dravid :
Thanks Nasser

Nasser Hussian :
Thats all from here back to you Harsha

Harsha Bhogle :
Thank You Nasser . Time to see the 2 starting XI

Starting XI

Kolkata Knight Riders

Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Marcus Trescothick
Robin Uthappa
Saurav Ganguly (c)
Simon Katich
Dwayne Bravo
Shaun Pollock
Brett Lee
Shaun Tait
Makhaya Ntini
Jerome Taylor

Bangalore Royal Challengers

Herschelle Gibbs
Stephen Fleming
Rahul Dravid (c)
Jaques Kallis
Mahela Jayawardene
Ian Bell
Dinesh Karthick (wk)
Anil Kumble
Harbhajan Singh
Nathan Bracken
Dale Styen​

:happy:happy 1000 post :happy:happy

Last edited:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Look at your Bowling lineups, they can rip thorugh any batting orders :D

jarl

International Captain
Great work Shantanu, mind blowing....Should be a good contest between these two sides, hard to tell who will have the upper edge

Users who are viewing this thread