Indian teenagers brutalized in Australia

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
████ happens. People get attacked all the time here. Students aren't exactly the most popular species kicking around towns, we all have our running's in with the locals at pubs and clubs. It's always happened and will always happen. People need to toughen up and stop whinging and just get on with having a good time out and use their head in situations. If Indians don't feel safe in Aus they can always go back home (God's own back-garden)

That is an absolute joke of a post, Tom.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
And you call yourself a Staff Member :noway

That's like saying bullying will continue to happen to in School and the only sollution is getting Kids to toughen up - When it isn't.

Highlander999

ICC President
LOL, no I don't :p I call myself a resigned staff member, due to me being driven insane by the innane rubbish I had to moderate.

Anyway. It isn't bullying. Jeez. Even Dr. Pepper just agreed on MSN that native Indians are just weak. There is no backbone to them. Indians who grow up outside of Asia are a hell of a lot tougher, mentally and physically. This isn't just my opinion an Indian who grew up in Britain also thinks that.

That is an absolute joke of a post, Tom.

Not really. Come back when you are at uni, and you will see what I mean.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Oh crap, I'm sure you were a Staff Member a few days ago :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Highlander999 said:
Anyway. It isn't bullying. Jeez. Even Dr. Pepper just agreed on MSN that native Indians are just weak. There is no backbone to them. Indians who grow up outside of Asia are a hell of a lot tougher, mentally and physically. This isn't just my opinion an Indian who grew up in Britain also thinks that.

That is utter balony my friend, sorry to say but its true.

1. Even if it was true, it justifies such acts?

2. Its not true anyways. I guess you guys are always made to see the stuff you want to see about India. The facts you claimed are just not true. Infact, teenage fighting is a lot more here than you can imagine. But oh I can't see anyone doing much when being attacked with two people holding screwdrivers in their hands? This isn't Mission Impossible 4.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I said that Indians are softer than others because the way they're brought up and I'll admit that. The surroundings and everything they're in is much different. And as Kshitiz said, it doesn't justify the act, in no way. If they are weaker, that means them people pick of the weak aka bullying.

manee

Chairman of Selectors

How is that an unbiased point of view? Someone telling you that they are tougher than naive Indians.

Not really. Come back when you are at uni, and you will see what I mean.

Fights happen, I'm aware of that but saying that these people should go home, as if they don't have a right not to be attacked, is unacceptable. It is not as if they were mouthing off to the media about a few cuts and scapes, this was brutal stuff.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I completely disagree with you, Tom. For example, you don't see reports of such events happening in the United States or England, and there are plenty of Indian students studying abroad in those nations. Of course the Indian media will do its part to build it up as a racist controversy, but the fact is that there are racial undertones in action. The very idea that Indians make easier targets makes an attack racial in nature, because one expects less resistance.

Also, and I haven't checked my facts here so this is just speculation, these don't look like run-of-the-mill night-time beat-ups either. It certainly appears to be targeted towards a certain part of the population.

Highlander999

ICC President
I completely disagree with you, Tom. For example, you don't see reports of such events happening in the United States or England,

Let's take you to Scotland (actually maybe we shouldn't) Certain areas where you just leave in a body bag if you were unlucky. If you were lucky you might just get beaten up. Scotland and to a wider extent the UK does have a violence problem.

Of course the Indian media will do its part to build it up as a racist controversy,

Nothing new there then.

but the fact is that there are racial undertones in action.

Absolute rubbish. The moment people from a minority get beaten up everyone starts screaming racism. There are fights happening all the time with Brits vs Brits (Aussies vs Aussies I would imagine) I'm going out tonight. If I went looking for it in certain areas I could get into a fight with a local within, oh say five minutes. Jeez the whining

The very idea that Indians make easier targets makes an attack racial in nature, because one expects less resistance.

No, little old ladies are easy targets as they won't fight back. Different from generally being weak and just being a coward.

Also, and I haven't checked my facts here so this is just speculation, these don't look like run-of-the-mill night-time beat-ups either. It certainly appears to be targeted towards a certain part of the population.

Wondeful thing, the media :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that what happens is right, of course it isn't. But it isn't anything special. Fights happen. Maybe in India they don't, but in the west you have a scrap and you move on. If you get done in, well bad luck, but you just have to be more careful next time.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Let's take you to Scotland (actually maybe we shouldn't) Certain areas where you just leave in a body bag if you were unlucky. If you were lucky you might just get beaten up. Scotland and to a wider extent the UK does have a violence problem.

Nothing new there then.

Absolute rubbish. The moment people from a minority get beaten up everyone starts screaming racism. There are fights happening all the time with Brits vs Brits (Aussies vs Aussies I would imagine) I'm going out tonight. If I went looking for it in certain areas I could get into a fight with a local within, oh say five minutes. Jeez the whining

No, little old ladies are easy targets as they won't fight back. Different from generally being weak and just being a coward.

Wondeful thing, the media :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that what happens is right, of course it isn't. But it isn't anything special. Fights happen. Maybe in India they don't, but in the west you have a scrap and you move on. If you get done in, well bad luck, but you just have to be more careful next time.

Well it is racism. People see that "Indians are weak" so they just attack them, that's race attacks, and even if it isn't, even if it's just because the person is weak it's still terrible and bullying. It's not being a coward, that's utter bollocks Tom. So if you don't fight back and beat the crap out of them you're a coward? In my eyes you're the better and bigger person. It's not just a little scrap Tom! The guy is battling for his life in a hospital because he was attacked by someone with a screwdriver.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Well I couldn't be asked to read this thread, but what Tom is saying...If you let yourself get pushed about people will think "yeah let's get these guys their easy targets" If you stick up for yourself especially if there are more than one of you then you'll still probably get hammered but it won't be as bad :D

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I've lived in Australia, there's plenty of racism going on there. 'Go back to your mud huts' etc. Nothing new here. These kids are probably on student visas, if they get into a fight or something, which could boil over and lead to deaths even, they'll have their visas revoked and will be sent back home without their degree they worked their ass off for and the thousands of dollars they paid for it.

You wouldn't understand, Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread