Indian Viewers - STAR CRICKET , will it be as elusive as Neo Sports ?

Any TATASky users who started getting STARCRICKET ?
I`ll be getting a TATASky connection this week and I want to make sure that it has STARCRICKET before I go for purchasing it.

Is TATASky a venture by TATA and British Sky Broadcasting ?
Does Murdroch own both ESS and Sky Sports ?

I'm a Tatsky user but am not getting StarCricket.
But,there is no need to worry as they have promised to come up with the channel well before the start of the first test match.

It is a collaboration of TATA,BSkyB and Star India and Fox too.

Rupert Murdoch owns ESPN.He later bought out Star Sports too.Now ESS has started Star Cricket.So,even if you go for the basic package that TATASKY has on offer,you will get Star Cricket.

Star Cricket is now telecasted.They are showing the SA v Inida test series highlights.
So now aditya won't switch to TATASKY i think . :)

STARCRICKET is on air now !!
I won`t get too excited because there have been instances in the past when we got Zee Sports but it was off air on the day of the match.

Till then ,TATASky can wait!

great news for you... but when will it come on TATA sky??? midway through the series?

is the tata sky system nationalised? i.e. if the channel comes in mumbai, is it going to come in delhi as well???
imo.. this is not the case, and there is no news on tata's behalf regarding this in delhi...

Crap! I haven't turned my TV on in 4 days. Let's hope that Incable Net has a heart and gives it to CAS subscribers like myself. :upray

Ooh Star Cricket is in the channel list but I am not subscribed to it. Anyone want to bet against me that Incablenet will say, "We cannot give you the channel now because you've already paid for 4 months"?

Last edited:
Crap! I haven't turned my TV on in 4 days. Let's hope that Incable Net has a heart and gives it to CAS subscribers like myself. :upray

Ooh Star Cricket is in the channel list but I am not subscribed to it. Anyone want to bet against me that Incablenet will say, "We cannot give you the channel now because you've already paid for 4 months"?

I don`t think they`ll do that.
Try calling them and request them subscription to STARCRICKET.

And Sohum, I haven`t turned my TV off since I have started receiving the channel.
They are now showing some show called "Greatest Upsets" and `Inside Cricket, a magazine show was on , in the evening.

The channel looks fresh,a million times better than what those idiots at Nimbus have to offer.

I don`t think they`ll do that.
Try calling them and request them subscription to STARCRICKET.

And Sohum, I haven`t turned my TV off since I have started receiving the channel.
They are now showing some show called "Greatest Upsets" and `Inside Cricket, a magazine show was on , in the evening.

The channel looks fresh,a million times better than what those idiots at Nimbus have to offer.
The deed has been done. ;) Just called IncableNet and Star Cricket should be making me stupid (on my idiot box) in 48 hours. Cannot wait. And there was never any question of comparison with Neo Sports, in my mind. ESPN/Star are not only a head and shoulder above every other sports channel in India, but a few giants' bodies worth as well.

No Star Cricket for me on 7 Star :(
Hmm... I hope they can come to an agreement by match day. Has it worked out before, when ESS vs. Cable Operators became a main event?

Last edited:
Hmm... I hope they can come to an agreement by match day. Has it worked out before, when ESS vs. Cable Operators became a main event?
Previously they have managed to get the channel on the match day in case of ESS. But recently with Neo Sports the case wasnt the same even though my friends with InCable had access to the channel.
I hope that the channel is available by the match day.

Last edited:
Previously they have managed to get the channel on the match day in case of ESS. But recently with Neo Sports the case wasnt the same even though my friends with InCable had access to the channel.
I hope that the channel is available by the match day.
Hmm... I think you should be fine because ESS usually end up pulling through in the end. Otherwise you may have to go camp out at your friends' houses for days at a time. Have you tried calling them and if so what was their response?

Anybody in Pakistan getting Star Cricket yet?

Or am I the only one missing out on the fun :(
no man you are not the only one i am also misisng it

i m from rawalpindi .... have u contacted your cable operator

Hmm... I think you should be fine because ESS usually end up pulling through in the end. Otherwise you may have to go camp out at your friends' houses for days at a time. Have you tried calling them and if so what was their response?
Unfortunately my local cable operator doesnt even bother replying.

Users who are viewing this thread