International Cricket Captain 2009

Anyone else getting the softwrap software pop up after installing the patch? Its telling me i have already used my activation code, which i did after installing patch 1.

It seems pretty silly to have to email softwrap for a new activation code just because i installed a patch.

Luckilly untill softwrap get back to me i can use the free trial function again

Or if your on Vista then they don't show up so you have to click "compatibility files". Then it shows them in the save folder in the game directory.

Hooper added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Anyone else getting the softwrap software pop up after installing the patch? Its telling me i have already used my activation code, which i did after installing patch 1.

It seems pretty silly to have to email softwrap for a new activation code just because i installed a patch.

Luckilly untill softwrap get back to me i can use the free trial function again
Its a known problem, you just have to re-install the game apparently.

You don't lose your save games, so don't worry.

I just downloaded the 2 day demo and have a few questions (forgive my noobness but have not played a management game before)

1) I see the button for "play over" and "auto" what does auto do? it seems to play till the next boundry/wicket/event. Is there a way to simulate multiple overs at a time?

2) What is an Internet game? Is it online multiplayer? it is not available in the demo

3) any general tips?

cheers guys, just from what I have seen so far, I am buying this game and joining the party!

1.) Auto just bowls/bats for you until the next boundry,wicket,event. It simulates the overs until one of the 3 happens. I think if you turn the highlights off, it simulates until a wicket is fallen. You can't go by overs at a time.

2.) Online multiplayer.

3.) Read the manual you can download from the site, it has some batting, bowling, captaining tips. But most of it is general cricket knowledge. i.e don't go aggressive early on in the innings, set a field to the situation. Its all basic cricket knowledge. Pick the right team and use your cricket mind, its pretty simple.

Its an awesome game, welcome to the party. But for me, Im going to bed now, so I won't be able to help you any more tonight. :p

Hi all, managed to get my software reactivated, decent support but really should never be happening in the first place.

Anyway, apologies if this has been asked before, but where can i find my save games, there is a saves folder in the game directory, but nothing in there

Are you using Vista?

Click "compatibility files", and it should come up. Thats what happened to me.

Hi all, managed to get my software reactivated, decent support but really should never be happening in the first place.

Anyway, apologies if this has been asked before, but where can i find my save games, there is a saves folder in the game directory, but nothing in there

There was an error made when we released 9.06 (first version) which meant to patch it we had to void using the patch engine, as it didn't work. Pain in the bum for us, but more importantly for you.

There was an error made when we released 9.06 (first version) which meant to patch it we had to void using the patch engine, as it didn't work. Pain in the bum for us, but more importantly for you.

No worries, it works now and thats all that counts.

Hooper, thanks for that, never seen or used that option before, but it works

I have just been playing for a few days, some quick questions:

1) do you bother changing the field, or just use the default ones

2) what is the best game mode

3) When you move the line and lenght sometimes it changes from agressive or defensive to user def, what does that mean? do you have less chance of taking a wicket.

4) are patches out? if so then what do they add on and are they really worth it?

1) Depends on the situation.

2) I prefer single player, on-line can be good if you've built up your team.

3) Line and length changes don't affect that, you must be clicking the bowlers aggression bar.

4) Yes and yes, with:

Version 9.12 updates

Database update, fixing player types and preferences
Players losing form, particularly while playing in overseas tournaments
Bowlers bowling too may overs in overseas tournaments

Version 9.10 includes:

Database update, including player styles, preferences and added players
Power play added to Challenge Trophy
County Championship bonus points end at over 120
County Championship and Test matches session times and lengths updated
First initial of players on scorecards changed to commonly used name
Two player mode: continue button at end of innings added
Mouse fixed when running in windowed mode with desktop resolution of 1024x768
Player salary figures updated in squad view
Player run-rate graph updated
New Zealand team rating on team select screen added
Error in over economy for generated bowling innings
Pakistan world cup squad selection updated
Fix for Challenge trophy quarter final being automatically played for some teams
Field setting not re-set after power play taken

hey can anyone give the license key plzzzzzzzzzzz
plzzzzzzzzz
plzzzzzz
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:crying:upray

what the hell are you on about, you buy the game and get a license key to put in so you have the full version.

Users who are viewing this thread