International Cricket Captain 2011

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Official Announcement via the Facebook page:

Cricket Captain 2011 PC will be released in mid-to-late July this year (a little later than usual).

Last edited:
International Cricket Captain 2011?

Am interested in buying 2010, when are the new games normally released?

I think ICC 2010 was released around early June, not sure about ICC 2011. Sureshot would know a rough release month I guess.

Hows 2010 go without patching? I wanna play it on my comp without internet connection. Saw it for 20 Dollars the other day.

I think ICC 2010 was released around early June, not sure about ICC 2011. Sureshot would know a rough release month I guess.

June is our normal aim. We get our player stats around early April, so by the time we've built that and done testing, June is saying hello on the calendar!

Hows 2010 go without patching? I wanna play it on my comp without internet connection. Saw it for 20 Dollars the other day.

Not sure if the boxed version needs patching. Latest version is 10.18 or 10.19. Maybe it says on the box what vers it is?

Also, I believe the game-editing community work with the previous version, having not got the editor to work with the latest. So it must be playable.

I've seen the 2010 version for $30, I'm not sure if I should just wait for the 2011 edition. I've thought about downloading the trial version, just to give it a go. I'll probably just wait for the next one.

Yeah, I've got the second latest patch, mainly because i didn't bother updating while still working on my rosters but i still like to keep the editor handy so i've never updated to the latest version.

Which editor actually works?
ive got icc 2008 editor working on icc 10 and i also downloaded the icc 2010 editor which dont seem to work. anyone know why?
I like to use the editor so that i can get some youngsters from different nationalities to sign for me then i can nurture them from there but it dont work on the icc 2008 editor.

----------

BTW i know its in the wrong thread

Well I don't know whether I'll get 2011. I probably will in the end although I think ICC needs a bit more depth. The Australian domestic league was the main step up this season and in the end got me to buy it.

Firstly, I think being able to be associate nations are needed, even if you only have one or 2 of the top WL divisions if it is too hard to do all 6. Then use the (if you win the FC competition 3 seasons in a row) then you get Test status. Remember that the WL and the FC competition (can't remember it's name) are played twice each season. And then the top teams in the WL qualify for the World T20 competition and all 6 teams in the 1st division of the WL on a World Cup year take part in the World Cup. Of course this means that more regens need to be made for the new countries.

The one thing I hate about ICC the most is the amount of Tests and even ODI's Bangladesh plays. It is always a 2 match test series and a 3 match ODI series (I think I've only had 1 or 2 5 match ODI series and I don't think I've ever had a 3 match test series). Even as I progress through the rankings, I still play the same amount of tests and ODI's in a series so that needs to be worked on. If Associate teams are introduced, then I would also hope that this would be improved to this. Also on this point about minor nations, I'm guessing it won't matter as Zimbabwe's test status is coming back in 2011 so I would have had it so they started playing tests in 2011.

Also, more regens from Bangladesh will be nice. I have between 1 and 5 every season.

And more depth in Domestic cricket around the world. I couldn't care less about the IPL but other domestic cricket needs to be worked on. What I don't like is that no domestic cricket around the world is actually simulated (well if it is, it's not shown) and that players from around the other countries (South Africa, Pakistan, West Indies, Bangladesh etc.) are just generated random stats. So I would create all the domestic teams and even if we can't play with them, have some matches simulated and able to be shown. Another playable domestic league would be nice, probably South Africa or New Zealand would be next in line. Both in the new version would be great bur even one will be fine.

Even with improvements needed to be made, I think ICC 2010 was a very good game and normally by this time, I've stopped playing ICC and waiting for the new version to come out and maybe play the game occassionly but in this version, I've played it pretty regularly since I bought it last year and still going strong in it, with currently 3 major saves (My Bangladesh one, my Durham one and the Worcestershire save which is for the story). I've also got a South Australian one which I'm into about 2014 or 2015 or something but I'm just skipping every match.

June is our normal aim. We get our player stats around early April, so by the time we've built that and done testing, June is saying hello on the calendar!

On day is it exactly coming out because i cant wait and can the trials be any longer

Nope they're keeping everything very close to their chest. All I know is that they're trying extra hard not to make random players outstandingly good.

I will probably only get it if they have New Zealand domestic, which I assume is unlikely, or is it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread