International selection

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So I have a player who is being looked at for the U/19's Australian team/squad.

Is it worth training him for it? They said he will need about 7 nets, is it worth the sacrifice, and how much will he be able to play for me?

I've got individual players in every net, because my team is so young, and the only double ups is with him, doing a bowling, stamina and fielding.

What should I do?

brad352

Executive member
It's a bad idea from your teams point of view, personally I'd get the U19 manager to arrange a buyer for him since you'd get a lot more than he's worth to you training wise.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
It's a bad idea from your teams point of view, personally I'd get the U19 manager to arrange a buyer for him since you'd get a lot more than he's worth to you training wise.

Ok, just dropped him a message about not playing him.

Are you saying if I sold him to someone who is letting him play, I would let a lot of money? Is that my best option?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I've tranged Norton up for over 2 seasons now and is a big chance to get picked next week for Australia. I only needed to train him 4 nets and could play in every OD match. Only thing that's going to disappoint me if he does play for Australia is that he can't play in the cup and the matches are getting tougher and more important now. If I wasn't playing cup it would be alright.

brad352

Executive member
Ok, just dropped him a message about not playing him.

Are you saying if I sold him to someone who is letting him play, I would let a lot of money? Is that my best option?
You'd probably get a couple of million for him. I'm guessing being a new team you don't have 1.6 mil in the bank yet so that would give you 80k a week in interest, which is pretty important.

Having said that it's probably the only chance you'll get to train up a player this good with 17yo prices as stupid as they are, so he'll be your best player for a long time on the nets you were giving him

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yea you would be better off seeing if you can sell him. 80k a week for a newbie would be huge and that 1 mill + in the bank would set you up nicely.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Marsden is being very carefully watched for England and I am keen to have him play internationals so I get the wage subsidy and can afford to keep hold of him. It would be a great achievement to get an international player, for sure.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Marsden is being very carefully watched for England and I am keen to have him play internationals so I get the wage subsidy and can afford to keep hold of him. It would be a great achievement to get an international player, for sure.

Yeah, it would be good to have an international player, especially for my, in a low league, just started playing 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, he is selling now, and I'm not paying ?500000+ for him to keep him.

Users who are viewing this thread