IPL IPL Player Auction 2011

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sad that Saurabh Tiwary gets the big bucks because he was lucky to get a India debut (that too only for 1-2 games) whereas Pandey gets a meagre amount because he hasnt played for India. Time to change the rules. All players who have played the IPL should be put into auction (or let to negotiate their prices with the franchises).

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's bad for the IPL franchise which managed to get him, surely a big blow for them. BTW, which side was he gonna represent?

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Now the last thing i want from Deccan is to sign a replacement player from England - Ian Bell maybe stands a chance but very dim . Ah Deccan , you have Kevin O'Brien as a free agent , take him ;)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
A lot of takers will be in for the Irish giant now. Hope to see him in one of the teams.

Btw, Yuvraj Singh has been confirmed as the skipper for Sahara Pune Warriors.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Rajasthan Royals - Shane Warne
Chennai Super Kings - MS Dhoni
Delhi Daredevils - Virender Sehwag
Kings XI Punjab - Adam Gilchrist
Kolkata Knight Riders - Gautam Gambhir
Mumbai Indians - Sachin Tendulkar
Royal Challengers Bangalore - ??
Deccan Chargers - ??
Sahara Pune Warriors - Yuvraj Singh
Indi Commandos Kochi - Mahela Jaywardene.

So just two teams left to name their skippers now, or have they named and I have missed out on them?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Deccan would most probably go in for Kumar Sangakarra, Bangalore will have Virat Kohli seeing as they have retained him and he is a good skipper too.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, even my guesses would be Sangakkara and Virat. Sangakkara for sure but for RCB, I have a feeling that it could be AB too.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
AB- no ,maybe he could be the vice-captain. With Virat in the side, its very tough to see AB captaining that team. Also ,a lot depends upon his availability.

Most franchisees ought to go for Indian skippers given the tournament would see them all through. Kochi have taken a big risk by naming Mahela their skipper. As for Rajasthan and Punjab, the plan seems to be working given that these guys have retired from international cricket.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Any idea on who Deccan have signed as a replacement for KP?
I don't think they have signed in anyone, hoping for Ganguly! :D

----------

BTW, is it necessary to get an overseas player as a replacement or will an Indian player be fine too. If an Indian is fine, then I sincerely hope that Dada is picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread