IPL IPL Player Auction 2011

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't think they have signed in anyone, hoping for Ganguly! :D

----------

BTW, is it necessary to get an overseas player as a replacement or will an Indian player be fine too. If an Indian is fine, then I sincerely hope that Dada is picked up.

That is not possible because he was in the auction and when kochi sought permission to get him in, all other teams rejected. So Ganguly will not be part of IPL 4.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dada will end up in the commentary box hurling abuses at the players. That would be funny :D
Yesterday in the match against Netherlands, a commentator commentating with Ganguly said that Ryan Ten Doeschate has immense talent and that is why he is picked up in the IPL by Kolkata.

Ganguly's reply to that was, 'Yes that's my team, errr, my city'.

I still feel sorry for him.

akshay12

Club Cricketer
hey everyone some days ago i saw in cricinfo that Daniel Vettori is RCB captain :eek:but i didn't see even a piece of news about it..is it true or is it just a rumour..i am just hoping that he isn't the captain and the captain is either of Kohli/AB/Dilshan:facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Is Southee replacing Bollinger or is he an additional add-on with Bollinger having a chance to come back in? Losing Bollinger will be a major loss for Chennai. He won us the IPL last year (we were tottering badly till he came in and turned it up).

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
While Chennai have done well enough to retain most of their players who played in IPL 3 , they have made a suicidial mistake in not doing the same for Murali . I mean , they basically had 5 match winners in their playing XI last season in :

Hayden (out of form , still we know what he offers to the team on his day)
Muralitharan
Ashwin
Bollinger
Raina

As of now , they have lost 3 of them and look at their replacements :

Hayden >> Tharanga
Murali >> Randiv
Bollinger >> Southee

Raina and Ashwin remain . My heart says Chennai will do a KXP this season .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
While Chennai have done well enough to retain most of their players who played in IPL 3 , they have made a suicidial mistake in not doing the same for Murali . I mean , they basically had 5 match winners in their playing XI last season in :

Hayden (out of form , still we know what he offers to the team on his day)
Muralitharan
Ashwin
Bollinger
Raina

As of now , they have lost 3 of them and look at their replacements :

Hayden >> Tharanga
Murali >> Randiv
Bollinger >> Southee

Raina and Ashwin remain . My heart says Chennai will do a KXP this season .

They didnt give up on Murali. They lost Murali to Kochi. CSK bid heavily for Murali but at one point, they had to give up.

Hayden was a mega flop in the last tournament and was already on the wane. Murali and Bollinger are a loss for Chennai, but I am guessing either Randiv or Southee will step up the plate big time for sure. Also, WE DONT DO A KXIP, NEVER! With a calm and cool guy like Dhoni as captain, I am confident we will not play as bad as KXIP have played in IPL history. We have Raina, Ashwin, Vijay, Dhoni, Morkel all key players who can win us matches anytime. This could be the team

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/squad/495836.html

M Vijay
M Hussey
S Raina
MS Dhoni
S Badrinath
Faf Du Plessis/S Styris
A Morkel
R Ashwin
B Hilfenhaus/T Southee
Yomahesh
S Jakati

In fact this time, CSK's bowling is going to look a lot stronger with a good local bowler, Yo Mahesh, good overseas backups like Hilfenhaus, Southee, Kulasekara, Morkel, Randiv etc and good allrounders like Faf Du Plessis, Styris, Bravo (if fit), etc. CHENNAI TO RETAIN IPL TROPHY!:D

Last edited:

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
I don't think Southee is a bad choice, he is good death over bowler, sometimes he does get it wrong but he can be very useful for CSK.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Southee's just as good as Bollinger

Aren't you Mr.Biased when it comes to Southee or Dan ?? I saw yourself mention that in the NZL domestic thread a few days back when you were talking through ND's HRV cup performance . (tongue smiley)

Southee is a classy talent , but is nowhere near Bolllinger's match winning capabilities . CSK were down and out until he arrived at the halfway mark for them in the previous season .

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I believe Hilfenhaus is also a very good bowler and can keep CSK from missing Bollinger too much.

Users who are viewing this thread