Is anyone else disappointed by Star Sports' cricket broadcasting?

manav599

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ever since ESPN has been struck out of its name, I have noticed a continuous decline in Star's presentation. It really started to get on my nerves in the recently concluded RSA-AUS ODI series when for such a huge series I had to read the toss on Cricinfo or Cricbuzz before directly getting into the 1st ball of the match. Still there was a condolence that India was not playing and in India not many people give a damn about cricket then.
Then began this Border-Gavaskar Trophy. In recent times, with no bilateral series against Pakistan, this is probably the biggest series for Indian fans. And then there was all that emotion attached with the 1st Adelaide Oval Test. I got up at 4:30 am (an hour before play) and was shocked and frustrated to see the broadcast had not even started yet. While all sorts of tributes were being given to Phillip Hughes, Star was showing highlights of AUS-RSA ODI. I had to go to an illegal site to see Channel 9's broadcast. I even mailed and tweeted Star Sports India. No reply as expected. And so 10 or 15 minutes before play, the broadcast started with Toss already done with. Still no tributes, anthems etc. A quick recap of toss and off to match.
So I start this thread to take out my frustration and find out if there are still fans,so excited about cricket that they get up at odd hours, go into in depth analysis of their own with pitch reports, weather reports and all or I have stayed a generation behind and cricket fans mean straight to business now.
What are your views PC community?

I'm From Pakistan. Star Sports is also being broad casted among Geo Super, PTV Sports, Ten Sports and local sports Channels.
But Honestly i likes StarSports and probably the new one, which replaces Star Cricket and Espn etc.

These channels are broad casted world wide and also Star has big technologies. They put beautiful overlays, and also the the programs broad casted before or after match also includes great technologies and graphics presentation. The features that it gives the world wide channels are really Brilliant. Now you can say that most of the channels take the match from Star Sports.
And all the mega events have the overlays supported by Star!

While all sorts of tributes were being given to Phillip Hughes, Star was showing highlights of AUS-RSA ODI. I had to go to an illegal site to see Channel 9's broadcast. I even mailed and tweeted Star Sports India. No reply as expected. And so 10 or 15 minutes before play, the broadcast started with Toss already done with. Still no tributes, anthems etc. A quick recap of toss and off to match.

I am assuming that you are viewing the series on the internet. On the internet, Star does not show its pre-match and post match show, which is specifically reserved for the TV audience of the Indian sub-continent.

This is typically the way all channels work if you are viewing online. However, if you switch to the TV medium, you will not have any issues of that sort.

The Toss in a cricket match happens quite early in a cricket game. The same is shown to viewers later. Anthems are played at the behest of individual boards. In ICC events though, anthems are mandatory before the start of every game.

Star as such is a much better broadcaster than the others present in India. For. e.g Sony Max had the rights to the 2007 Cricket World Cup. A lot of fans had stayed up to watch the opening ceremony which was never telecast.

I am assuming that you are viewing the series on the internet. On the internet, Star does not show its pre-match and post match show, which is specifically reserved for the TV audience of the Indian sub-continent.

This is typically the way all channels work if you are viewing online. However, if you switch to the TV medium, you will not have any issues of that sort.

The Toss in a cricket match happens quite early in a cricket game. The same is shown to viewers later. Anthems are played at the behest of individual boards. In ICC events though, anthems are mandatory before the start of every game.

Star as such is a much better broadcaster than the others present in India. For. e.g Sony Max had the rights to the 2007 Cricket World Cup. A lot of fans had stayed up to watch the opening ceremony which was never telecast.
I am watching on TV only. The toss happens around 30 minutes before play and star starts TV presentation only 10 minutes before play. You say that toss is shown later but Channel 9 viewers are shown the toss live. Also ten cricket showed Australia-Pakistan toss live too. I can see the post match & interval shows but pre match is only for 10 minutes which is too little for such a big series.
While I agree that it is better than Sony Max and Neo Sports, I am comparing it to what it used to be as ESPN Star and some of the sports channels like Channel 9, Sky sports etc. which are available to other countries. While we Indians have to live up with these standards and consider them great.

It could be because of the time. Not many people would listen in to a pre-match show. Although, they run a 'live' show at night before the match for people to catch it.

Users who are viewing this thread