harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Then it will be more bad news for Cricket fans when every channel is going pay and starting to charge higher too... The rates for major channels have already increased from this month, I believe.

Pathetic situation... simply pathetic.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
harishankar said:
Yes, Ten Sports produces a good highlights package.

The problem with Nimbus is that even if they produce good highlights, who's showing it? DD? And at what times? That counts, doesn't it? If they show at odd times, that doesn't help many people.

But what's your issue with ESPN/Star highlights shows? They're decent, I don't notice anything particularly bad about them. Can you explain why you don't like it so much?

the technology used in espn star is of stone age and having non cricketers like gautam bhimani although he is a good anchor but commentry should be left to experts i feel like it is a talk show when he asks questions to sunny or ravi during commentry .its horrible and technolgy is worse than dd :eek:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
the recent aus-sa series was very ordinary. The commentators were aweful to say the least, and the post match coverage was almost non existent.

iceman_waugh said:
2.Tomorrow Cartoon Network will come up with the maximum bid and the BCCI would be stupid enough to grant it to them ? :rolleyes:

THE MORAL : Give telecast to Experienced Campaigners and not to Stupid Production Houses.
Why the Heck would Cartoon Network bid in the first place???
you can't just bid because you have enough money.
boards like BCCI have some rules. they include experience, viewership, coverage in all areas of the country, and obviously...MONEY.

Experienced Campaigners will always get contracts, Stupid Production Houses won't.
but that doesn't mean that inexperienced campaigners are all stupid.
when Sony-Set Max hosted the world cup, who would have thought, they would manage such a good telecast???

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
boards like BCCI have some rules. they include experience, viewership, coverage in all areas of the country, and obviously...MONEY.

Oh yeah? Then why is Sahara getting the telecast rights? BCCI should control the channel they produce on or get their own channel. Just selling off the a production house like Nimbus is a recipe for any which channel to telecast the event.

yashved

School Cricketer
Abhas said:
the recent aus-sa series was very ordinary. The commentators were aweful to say the least, and the post match coverage was almost non existent.

I agree with you... but EspnStar is much better during matches of India, especially when they have Harsha Bhogle, Gavaskar, Geoffrey Boycott, Ravi Shastri....

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Cricket_god said:
the technology used in espn star is of stone age and having non cricketers like gautam bhimani although he is a good anchor but commentry should be left to experts i feel like it is a talk show when he asks questions to sunny or ravi during commentry .its horrible and technolgy is worse than dd :eek:

Agreed that they have non cricket players like gautam bhimani,harsha bhogle and even perizaad zorabian.But they have sense enough to ask proper questions.
They are unlike sanjay manjrekar who'll say " That was a bad shot but the shot selection was good ".This comment was passed by him during the India Pakistan 2005 series.

On the other hand,may I ask you ,what is Ten Sports doing with a pitch maker in the commentary box ? Ranil Abeynaike :rolleyes: ? Who the heck is he ? His tone is pathetic,I'd prefer Sharad Pawar doing commentary then.

Also,I'd prefer Bhogle and Bhimani for the humour element rather than to listen to Laxman Shiva Rama Krishna and Arun Lal,goons who've just played a single test for India and commentating as if they are the best around. :mad

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
L.Shivaramakrishnan takes himself *far too* seriously (pun intended, if you caught my meaning).

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Abhas said:

Australia-South Africa series was telecasted by ESPN-Star and not produced.It's well known that when a channel telecasts it has no rights to produce a post-match show of its own.

Abhas said:
Why the Heck would Cartoon Network bid in the first place???
you can't just bid because you have enough money. .

You can.
If ZEE TV can do so without having telecasted even a single series,so can Cartoon Network bid for it.Anyways it's a part of ZEE Telefilms,so you will never know.

Abhas said:
boards like BCCI have some rules. they include experience, viewership, coverage in all areas of the country, and obviously...MONEY..

Yes,thanks for pointing this out.
What experience does Nimbus have ?
Viewership-Nimbus will sell it's rights on a series basis.They don't have a sports channel of their own too.
When Nimbus was awarded the rights for India-Pakistan series 2005 by Jagmohan Dalmiya,it had been Lalit Modi and I.S.Bindra who had voiced their opinions as to them having none of the above.

Abhas said:
Experienced Campaigners will always get contracts, Stupid Production Houses won't.
but that doesn't mean that inexperienced campaigners are all stupid.
when Sony-Set Max hosted the world cup, who would have thought, they would manage such a good telecast

Sony-Set Max were given the rights by the International Cricket Council.
I must point out that Sony-Set Max also held the rights for Sri-Lanka and Sharjah matches from 2000-2002.
They are by no means inexperienced.

rituraj

School Cricketer
Most of the members here are cribbing on wrong aspect. Who cares its on which channel. I frankly dont. But for me viewing experience is more important. And here i have problem with DD & Sahara one. Amt of advtg is just too much. If they reduce it, then they would get bust, as they have to recover huge amount of money spend for getting rights.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well the viewing experience is what matters here too.
Nimbus is coming up with some stupid presentations.Compare these to the ones by espn-star,sony or even ten which are of good quality.
Also the commentators...dude.

viral1991

International Cricketer
And to make matters worse, BCCI has sold the overseas rights to Zee Sports. I wonder why they do this. We have to see overseas cricket for 5 years in it, thats just too much.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
viral1991 said:
And to make matters worse, BCCI has sold the overseas rights to Zee Sports. I wonder why they do this. We have to see overseas cricket for 5 years in it, thats just too much.
It is not overseas matches.
Its just for the games played at neutral/offshore venues like Abu-dhabi,Morocco,New Jersey etc where they are planning to host matches
that these rights have been awarded.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
viral1991 said:

Just like aditya said, it's not all overseas tournaments.
Australia,South Africa,New Zealand & England - ESPN-Star
Bangladesh & Zimbabawe too.

West Indies,Pakistan,Sri Lanka,Sharjah - Ten Sports
India's overseas matches mean the 25 matches which will be hosted by the BCCI in another country.
This means that you may even have a tournament in Disneyland.That will be shown by ZEE Sports.

Last edited:

viral1991

International Cricketer
Oh sorry, A little mistake in my regard.

It will be fun to watch matches in Disneyland, Antarctica or even South America. :D :D :D

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
viral1991 said:
Oh sorry, A little mistake in my regard.

It will be fun to watch matches in Disneyland, Antarctica or even South America. :D :D :D

Does'nt matter dude,
A Disneyland tournament might even have donald duck and mickey mouse commentating... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread