Is there a problem with my monitor?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
From time to time, my monitor keeps turning itself off (or going into standby). Moving the mouse doesn't bring the picture back and neither does turning it on or off; only resetting the system brings the picture back. It only happens when the system hasn't been touched for a certain amount of time - not sure exactly how much, I'll put the clock on it later and see (knowing my luck, it'll choose that time not to do it). This seems to point to something to do with the power saving options to me, but I've checked them and they all seem to be set to 'never'. Are there other settings I could check, or has my monitor gone wrong? I'm fairly sure it's still in warranty either way. It's a Samsung SyncMaster 931cw 19in widescreen.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Edit: Would setting 'auto source' to manual and 'image reset' to off in the monitor's actual menu settings?

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
Well, I was having this yesterday when I put my new sound card in. Have you put any new hardware in lately? I presume you're going through your ATI card? Try talking the connector out and back in (at both ends) and give them a blow, might be some dust on the contacts. Mine was caused by power, I think the first PCI slot I put the sound card in to was duff.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Also remember to check any power saving settings in the bios.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Thanks guys. It's got until Christmas 2010 warranty wise, so that's good at least.

Users who are viewing this thread