Your Cricket Jakes 2009/10 cricket season log

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought you started 2/3 weeks ago?

First training is always a son of a ####, you never feel right with the bat.

I was supposed to. As my usual self, I slacked off and got lazy.

I used to start the season in the worst possible form with the bat, then end the season really well after getting back into touch, then the season would end. Last season, this wasn't a problem, because I was in the nets all off season - literally every weekday - and started the season well. I feel it's going to be a problem this season as well. We have been playing Rugby League rather than cricket, and TBH, I would rather be playing cricket.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Really. I'm a bowler but I love batting. It's great fun

OffCutters

International Coach
I`m a batsman and i hate bowling. :p

Btw, its quite normal to feel crap after your first nets session, i always do, the occasional edge pisses me off :p

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
I'm undecided if I should go to training tomorrow. It's seniors only, which is all good, but none of my friends (who are juniors) are going. Should I go by myself, and die a terrible death of getting shredded up my first grade bowlers (I'm 13), or just stay home?

nz0003

International Cricketer
I don't care what you say Jake lifting weights at 13 is stupid and pointless. What are you trying to gain out of it? Its got more chance of causing an injury than making you a better cricketer. Work on cardio until about 15/16, then start on the weights and that may have some benefit to your cricket.

OffCutters

International Coach
I'm undecided if I should go to training tomorrow. It's seniors only, which is all good, but none of my friends (who are juniors) are going. Should I go by myself, and die a terrible death of getting shredded up my first grade bowlers (I'm 13), or just stay home?

Meh, i would go if i were you. Its always good to train with more experienced and better bowlers than the usual bowlers you face.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I love training with older guys, it'll improve your game a lot.

OffCutters

International Coach
I love training with the kiddies! Though i got in trouble for slogging the slow bowling..suppose you dont wanna bring down their confidence.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Meh, i would go if i were you. Its always good to train with more experienced and better bowlers than the usual bowlers you face.

Yeah, I'll be going.

I love training with older guys, it'll improve your game a lot.

So do I but not when I am 13, with a group of 16+ year olds, and none of my friends who are my age.

I love training with the kiddies! Though i got in trouble for slogging the slow bowling..suppose you dont wanna bring down their confidence.

I'll probably get slogged up the first and second graders, but not by the thirds and fourths. After all, I played fourths last season.

OffCutters

International Coach
How`d you manage to even play with seniors anyway? Thats pretty impressive tbh.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
How`d you manage to even play with seniors anyway? Thats pretty impressive tbh.

4th grade was short one week, so I filled in, bowled well in terrible wet conditions, took 1/17 or something in a losing cause, and was selected for the rest of the season. :)

OffCutters

International Coach
Pity the player you replaced. Not so nice to lose your spot in seniors to a 13 year-old :p

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Pity the player you replaced. Not so nice to lose your spot in seniors to a 13 year-old :p

Nah, he didn't lose his place.

We just had a team of 12-13, and a couple of players didn't bat each week.

I would have liked to bowl more last season, TBH. About to make a post in memories in cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread