Your Cricket Jakes 2009/10 cricket season log

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
In the rep team, opening the batting for the trial match against Armidale. Become more or less a pure batsman now, and it's great!

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Ordered another pair of trousers, shoes (with spikes) and an inner thigh guard last night, after I got home from the club seniors meeting.

Life is good. :D

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Centerwicket practice tomorrow, and nets on Sunday. Good weekend of cricket.

Both for seniors, BTW.

Also, starting up my training program on Monday. :D

P

pcfan123

Any chance of video of your matches? Would love to see the facilities you guys have over there and the general skill level at your age.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I just read through your whole log today. It was good.
It does seem that you do get injured quite a bit, but you are really committed for your age which is good.
Just wondering, I might of missed it but what sort of level are you at???
Because of how committed you are it seems like you are pretty good for your age.

When I was 13, which isn't that far back now I was just going nets few times a week on top of practices plus I play indoor cricket and backyard. In the winter/off season I play hockey.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
I just read through your whole log today. It was good.
It does seem that you do get injured quite a bit, but you are really committed for your age which is good.
Just wondering, I might of missed it but what sort of level are you at???
Because of how committed you are it seems like you are pretty good for your age.

When I was 13, which isn't that far back now I was just going nets few times a week on top of practices plus I play indoor cricket and backyard. In the winter/off season I play hockey.

Just a reasonable level. Good level club cricket (3rd grade to start this season). Was 4th grade last season from my debut onwards. Made rep cricket, travel around for that.

Jakester1288 added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Any chance of video of your matches? Would love to see the facilities you guys have over there and the general skill level at your age.

I highly doubt it.

1. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Sorry I haven't been bothered to update this about training, occasionally if something out of the ordinary happens at training I might update, but ATM will just stick to matches and whatnot.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Starting back up the program tomorrow.

The week ahead:
Monday - Circuits (jogging, fielding, BW exercises, sprints, etc)
Tuesday - Training
Wednesday - Upper Body & Fielding
Thursday - Lower Body & Fielding
Friday - Training
Weekend - Perhaps a game hopefully if not training or rest.

Might have a school game during the week, will force me to change everything around.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
FFS, I couldn't do it today because everything was moved and covered and out of place from the party I had, because all my gear is in the BBQ area. Going to have to fix it up before next week, as I wont have time before tomorrow (as it's dark now).

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
I would have played the first game of the season on Saturday, but I was on holidays. I might get to play this week, I think the team is 7/80 chasing 150, hopefully I can come in and save the team (yeah right, in my first bat of the season).

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Today was the first rep game of the season. I bowled, on a uneven wicket, 2-15, the plumbest LBW ever given not out, plus another that was probably out. With the bat I did my job of seeing out the new ball, took a few hits (gloves defending a good bouncer and inner thigh, otherwise on pads). Got to go now will finish later.

Users who are viewing this thread