• S.MacGill
  • J.Langer
  • N.Bracken

Tour Fixture

Attachments

• fixturenzzim.jpg
    fixturenzzim.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 144
Thanks. I'm going to need it, I'm playing on hard! I'm taking this tour as a learning experience, so I can improve on 'hard' mode.

Tour of New Zealand/Zimbabwe

Tour Match Australia VS Northern Districts

MATCH INFORMATION
  • Normal Pitch
  • Overcast Weather
  • Cold Temperature
  • 50 Over Match
  • Hard Difficulty

SQUAD
Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Martyn
Lehmann
Bevan
Harvey
Bichel
Gillespie
Macgill
McGrath

MATCH REPORT
Australia were sent into bat first on a very cold and overcast day. Hayden and Gilchrist started off slowly getting 40 runs off the first 10 overs. Hayden got off to a shaky start, missing a lot of deliveries. On the other hand, Gilchrist was firing early getting a couple of fours early, before he was run out by a quick throw from deep cover. Gilchrist was sent back to the pavilion for 21 runs. Ponting came into bat and started off slowly, but gained momentum and scored singles here and there. A crack of lightning distracted Ponting and he was clean bowled by Martin for just 10 runs. Hayden continued his innings, hitting the odd boundary but never really showed any signs of comfort. However, he managed to get his half century, but was caught and bowled 2 balls later. Australia soon found themselves in trouble at 6/104, but Harvey and MacGill scored runs for the Australian tail, and finished off with score of 168. Special mention to MacGill who scored 3 sixes, and McGrath scoring a six off his first ball!

Once again, the two opening bowlers for Australia claimed wickets early, getting the top 4 batsmen out for just 29 runs. A solid partnership by Kelly and Hart made it look like Northern Districts were about to get away with an easy win, staying close to the required run rate, and still having 6 wickets in hand. However the partnership seemed to slow down during the 15 - 25 overs, where they only managed 2 runs during this period. The Australian's thought they were going to lose the match, until they got the danger man, Kelly run out for 54. Australia were back in the game and Harvey and Gillespie came into bowl and started mopping up the aggresive tail. One by one they fell to the Australian attack and had them all out for 120 off 35 overs. Australia had won by 48 runs in an exciting match. Gillespie finished with 4/36 and was awarded the Man of the Match.

The Northern Districts Innings, batting card, and Kelly's knock.

Attachments

• northern districts innings.jpg
    northern districts innings.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 124
Northern Districts bowling card and partnerships.

Attachments

• northern districts bowling partnership.jpg
    northern districts bowling partnership.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 118
Nice win, i wish i could bat like you coz batting is way to easy for me. Good Report also, and Good Luck on the rest of the tour

Thanks. For some reason the next game on the tour was skipped (another bug perhaps :rolleyes: ). Though the game I just played was really overcast so I'll call it match abandoned due to rain.

Tour Match Australia VS Cant'bury

MATCH ABANDONED - due to rain

Last edited:
A crack of lightning distracted Ponting and he was clean bowled by Martin for just 10 runs.

Was this for real or what? ;) Mcgrath always seems to do well with both you and Squiz, why not try opening with him mate? ;)

Good win first up, keep the reports coming. Its kind of good to read how others are fairing eh?

Haha, no it wasn't real. But at the time when I was playing, I wasn't paying attention to that ball I faced (phone started to ring), and the game was on overcast, so I thought I'd add that lightning distracted Ponting :)

Users who are viewing this thread