Your Cricket Jonno's 09/10 Season Log

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wednesday 12th of August, 2009
Well, not much to document really. We bowled in the nets and I found some rythym. We couldn't go out onto the pitch to play around since the U/6 soccer squad had to train at our grounds for the week. We ended up playing a game of footy. We won 5-4 after being 4-0 down.

I regret it though, this morning I got up and couldn't walk. It's the problem I'm having with the left side of my right knee. I'm not sure if its a muscle or is it on the bone or anything. It just wrecks everything when I try and do my run up today. I bowl everywhere, most of my deliveries were either too full, too short or wide. Their were only a couple of 'good' deliveries. Not sure what to do, I won't be bothered putting on ice as this thing occurs every so often. Think I might just head down to the local GP on Saturday. Nothing else I can do really.

So I guess thats it for this week. I'll probably write another log or something on Saturday about my visit to the doctor, we'll see.

Oh and, is it me or is everyone getting injured now :p

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Sorry about how late this update was, haven't had any real time to work on it in the past few days. Hopefully the length should be sufficient enough to compensate the lateness.

A Visit to the Doctor
Well not much help really, just advised me to place ice on the knee I was experiencing pain with and only to contact him if the injury seems to get more serious. Rubbish if you ask me, adityacricketer could have given me better advice on how to treat my injury. Oh well, the pain does seem to be going away, I just hope it doesn't affect me anymore because it's really irritating.​
Wednesday the 26th of August, 2009
Not much of a cricket training session this week, only a couple of people turned up. We ended up just play footy, but after Tommo' [The coach] left we went into the nets and I shotgunned first to bat. Pretty poor effort by me, just picked up the bat and put on gloves and pads. I got hit in the thigh (Theirs a huge bruise now) pretty close to the crown jewels off your pace bowler so I went out of the nets to grab a box. For an hour or so I only got out 4 times, but what got me ticking was that it was 4 times in a row to the same slow 'ginger-kid' spin bowler. But it was getting late and their was no sunlight at all, I was depending on the flood lights to aid my bad eyesight at night. It sought of went like this:

- Bowled, off stump.
- Bowled, leg stump, I tried leaving the ball as I though it was going down leg by a mile.
- Caught Behind, 1st or 2nd slip probably.
- Stumped, tried to slog him over his head but instead missed everything.

As for bowling I only got 3 deliveries in after I finished batting before I packed up and went home. All in all it was pretty good except the 'getting-out-four-times-in-a-row' incident.​
The start of the season in 8 days and counting
Oh and ugh our first official club match to start off the season is on September 5th so hopefully it all goes well. Not sure what our definite line-up is till' after tomorrow I think. Hopefully my strong finish to the season sees me coming out at No. 5 or possibly No. 4 depending on the situation. I'm getting both my bats generally serviced this week so I might not even have both bats available by next Saturday. Might have to borrow my friends $700 Kahuna for the day ;)

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Saturday the 5th of September, 2009 : Match Day #1
Talk a about a shat game. 25 overs apiece and we lost by 42 runs, but the thing was we bowled them out for a measly 84 and we got muffled. We didn't get all get out, instead it was our openers who decided "... lets play gay cricket and block most of the deliveries ...". I mean come on, that match was easily in the bag. I don't know what they were thinking. We lost a few top order batsman to some other clubs and this was all we could find. FFS, make me an opening batsman if they keep this up. I was first drop waiting for my chance, sitting their with my pads and helmet on waiting like an idiot reading the newspaper. Good on them for not getting out, but their too damn slow!

But on a more positive note, when we were sent out to bowl first, I took the new ball and in my fourth and last over, I got a double-wicket maiden. Some swinging-good length balls was all it took and they edged it to slips. I ended up with figures of 3/2, not entirely my best figures but my most economical figures with wickets taken. I bamboozled them with my deliveries. Outswing, inswing nobody knows!

I ended up getting the MotM award so it wasn't all too bad. Though in the nets I got pegged with the cricket ball and my right forearm is pretty swollen at the moment, but not swollen enough to click the mouse and play my last few days of Fifa 09 on the 360! But being serious, I might need to get it checked because the swell hasn't subsidised yet. Hopefully it doesn't get in the way this week, I'm playing two matches this week, one on a Saturday and a Sunday.​

Users who are viewing this thread