Kev's Sigs and Avatars Requests

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Real stuff, Kev some how you make simple things look great! welldone.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
usy said:
Real stuff, Kev some how you make simple things look great! welldone.
Basically because sometimes its best not to cram something as small as a sig or avatar with 150 special effects. If you have something that looks good why keep adding extra effects to it?

@madmick I'm not ignoring your request, I am having a bit of trouble finding decent pics for the sydney swans. You've picked a sport I dont know anything about at all :)

sid_19840

International Coach
Kev said:
Basically because sometimes its best not to cram something as small as a sig or avatar with 150 special effects. If you have something that looks good why keep adding extra effects to it?

Agreed,but I have a slightly different opinion on this.I think experimenting a bit with signatures is never a bad idea as you tend to end up learning new things which you'd never otherwise do if I tried making them in the traditional manner(this probably doesnt apply to you as youre much more knowledged and experienced than most of us).Im not saying that we should cram our signatures with experiments,but try new things each time so that our signature makers get something new and at the same time I learn something new.Btw Im really amazed at that Torquay signature,quality stuff.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I suppose so sid, although I prefer to practice techniques on higher quality images than signatures, its rare I spend more than 5 mins making one. Take that torquay sig, its just a crop from a screenshot in the thread (rotated) with the fifa manager logo and torquay logos on top then some text with a gradient overlay.

langerrox

International Coach
Kev said:
I suppose so sid, although I prefer to practice techniques on higher quality images than signatures, its rare I spend more than 5 mins making one. Take that torquay sig, its just a crop from a screenshot in the thread (rotated) with the fifa manager logo and torquay logos on top then some text with a gradient overlay.

It shows.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
langerrox said:
It shows.
Thanks, I've finished your background, it didnt take long either :p

langerbackgrounddm6.jpg

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That's brilliant Kev. :laugh

An if your still doing Cricket 07 avatars, then could I request another of James Anderson but in a Test shirt please?

sid_19840

International Coach
Kev said:

ok,I just wanted to get some opinion from you since you being such an expert with graphics.Id like an opinion on whether the effects are generally a good thing for these signatures or not.For an example I had a go at putting some effects on your Torquay signature(sorry for not asking permission but I'll remove it as soon as Ive had some opinion),do you think its better to have such effects on signatures or do you think we should stick with being simple with the signatures.Thanks and sorry again for using your torquay signature as an example.

For the signature,all I did was add an overlay layer and an adjustment layer(photo filter).

EDIT:Image Removed.

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
That's brilliant Kev. :laugh

An if your still doing Cricket 07 avatars, then could I request another of James Anderson but in a Test shirt please?
Here you go

anderson207py6.jpg

Code:
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9703/anderson207py6.jpg

edit: Sometimes it looks better, sometimes not. I'm not saying effects never suit the signature. In that case what you have done is darken the players a bit too much, the goal looks a bit better. Personally I dont like that effect much, especially on photo's it makes people look unreal it does look good on text though.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks Kev, can't wait to see him celebrate like that after nailing Ponting for a duck. :)

sid_19840

International Coach
Kev said:
edit: Sometimes it looks better, sometimes not. I'm not saying effects never suit the signature. In that case what you have done is darken the players a bit too much, the goal looks a bit better. Personally I dont like that effect much, especially on photo's it makes people look unreal it does look good on text though.

Thanks for the opinions,Ive removed the image now.

langerrox

International Coach
Kev said:
Thanks, I've finished your background, it didnt take long either :p

langerbackgrounddm6.jpg
i would of been more offended if it was on his sack not his crack :eek:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Kev said:
Here you go

anderson207py6.jpg
Kev i wanna ask do you make that background yourself because I've seen it somewhere on EA websites i think. And if you do any tutorials?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
usy said:
Kev i wanna ask do you make that background yourself because I've seen it somewhere on EA websites i think. And if you do any tutorials?
It's just a grab from a corner of a covershot.

Users who are viewing this thread