knocking in question

qw121212

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have just purchased a gunne and moore purist original and have a question about knocking it in
I have purchased a mallet for knocking it in
I have read that it should take approx 6 hours to knock the bat in fully.
i have a list of questions so here goes

1) how hard to i start hitting it when i first start i imagine it is just letting the mallet fall onto the bat without any force
2) how long do i do that for
3) how many stages are there of knocking the bat in
4) towards the end of the 6 hours am i hitting the bat with some force
5) do i need to be hitting all the bat e.g edges or should i be concentrating on the middle.
6) and final question until i can think of another one, do i need to oil the bat before the knocking in process begins or wait till i have finished

Sorry if you think some of these questions are dumb but i really want to look after the bat and thought i would come to the experts first

cheers

Radaga

International Coach
My advice is to do it longer than 6 hours, sometimes it is not fully finished by that time, so it is better to be sure.

Also if you go to a cricketing shop they may have a special machine which nearly fully knocks it in for you, but i think you still have to do a little bit afterwards. Just ask around about it.

dayne

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
the link from dazza was good, refer to that. the only advice i can give is dont only knock the bat with the mullet, use an old leather ball too if you have one.. i tend to feel as though they work a bit better. also, then you can pop the bat's handle under your armpit and bounce the old ball several times of the face. try it..

Users who are viewing this thread