Kshitiz's Cricket Sim 09 Discussion/Testing

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Spinks, I think you're using the teams that were made in the RC2 version, I realized i got the same problem when i used them in the latest release.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Minor point, but a no ball counts as a ball faced for a batsman, since he technically has the opportunity to score runs off the bat off of one.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Great work! Well done for sticking with it and editable commentary is pretty cool.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
:( And I thought I had at least got this stuff right! :doh Oh boy, I wish it isn't that big of a thing.
So do I (hope it's not that big of a thing). You should look at my code that does extras. I decided (poorly) to support all possible events, rather than all plausible events. So, right now, you can get run out off a no ball off of which you scored leg byes. :o

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Just a couple of things at the moment:

The bowling card should be in the order of, when the player's bowl. Not where the player's bat.
Too many stumping's and run-out's, on average I found 2 - 3 a game. If anything their should be 1 - 2, but quite often none.
You shouldn't be able to get stumping's off the pace bowlers. I saw a player get stumped off the first ball of the match.
Economy rates/run rates should be done to two decimal places not three. e.g. instead of 8.333, it should just be 8.33.

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head. I might have a few more suggestions later.

Hope they help. :)

bladescape

Club Cricketer
Also, I've got Dilshan down as a bowler,but he was keeping in the same match as he bowled in!!!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
CG123 said:
You shouldn't be able to get stumping's off the pace bowlers. I saw a player get stumped off the first ball of the match.
Fixed in V1.1, thank you. :)
CG123 said:
Economy rates/run rates should be done to two decimal places not three. e.g. instead of 8.333, it should just be 8.33.
sohum said:
Minor point, but a no ball counts as a ball faced for a batsman, since he technically has the opportunity to score runs off the bat off of one.
CG123 said:
The bowling card should be in the order of, when the player's bowl. Not where the player's bat.
Would take a while to fix, so sorry about it not being fixed in 1.1
CG123 said:
Too many stumping's and run-out's, on average I found 2 - 3 a game. If anything their should be 1 - 2, but quite often none.
I've been told of the run outs thing before, so I've reduced them a bit. A touch lower in stumpings as well, since they don't come up with pace bowlers now. :p

I shall be releasing V1.1 in a short while! :)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Version 1.1 has now been released! :)

* No more stumpings of pace bowlers.
* Too many stumpings and run outs.
* Keeper’s being assigned incorrectly.

All the above are now fixed! Older team files are compatible!

Good luck, Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread