IPL Lalit Modi sacked

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bad news for IPL as a whole. The man was driven by innovations to compete with top sporting leagues in the world. Youtube partnership is an example of that (not even the ICC website or Cricinfo has videoreplays like you can see on iplt20.com scorecards. 3D, HD telecasts etc). I hope someone like Shastri or someone young gets to replace him.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Bad news for IPL as a whole. The man was driven by innovations to compete with top sporting leagues in the world. Youtube partnership is an example of that (not even the ICC website or Cricinfo has videoreplays like you can see on iplt20.com scorecards. 3D, HD telecasts etc). I hope someone like Shastri or someone young gets to replace him.
I second this entire post.

For India, and the IPL, he was undoubtedly one who revolutionized cricket in India.

But I still don't like him. His aura and persona is one that just wants you to hate him (probably the completete visible discrimination against the Pakistani players has alot to do with it).

P

pcfan123

Those are hardly his idea, everything from cheerleaders, online broadcasts (MLBTV, NBA ON DEMAND) to that fake ass blimp is stolen from American sports and other sports from Europe.

IPL will be just fine without him and BCCI and Indias reputation will be much better.

Mihir Doshi

Club Captain
Those are hardly his idea, everything from cheerleaders, online broadcasts (MLBTV, NBA ON DEMAND) to that fake ass blimp is stolen from American sports and other sports from Europe.

IPL will be just fine without him and BCCI and Indias reputation will be much better.

I second this post!!

Cricketman

ICC Chairman

Who cares, at least he took the initiative to IMO move cricket in the positive direction.
Did you see all the publicity the IPL had on Youtube? Huge banner ads on the mainpage! the site gets 1billion hits a day, this is a great way to spread the game.

Like Mob said, anyone who replaces him will be just as corrupt. That's just the way it works in India i'm afraid

Insomniac

Title Recipient

But nobody actually did it.

Params7

International Cricketer

I know its not original ideas but it was his idea to bring it into cricket. That's like saying NBA On Demand isn't an original idea because its copied from MLB TV. Modi has been giving a standard to IPL by trying to give it the fancy bells and whistles features of other top leagues. And if I'm right IPL in movie halls and 3d are his original ideas. Whatever he's done for IPL its miles ahead of anything ICC/BCCI have done to upgrade cricket's off-the-ground features.

Params7

International Cricketer
Where did I say that? I thought people hated IPL/Modi because it injures international stars due to too much T20, and ofcourse Modi is an annoying person himself and loves the camera which doesn't help his cause.

You know a lot of non-cricket watchers were pulled into the finals match today looking from the comments, some of them came from insecure baseball watchers while most of them asked questions about the sport and said it seemed interesting. What better way to spread cricket into new areas? Give the man credit where its due.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Where did I say that? I thought people hated IPL/Modi because it injures international stars due to too much T20, and ofcourse Modi is an annoying person himself and loves the camera which doesn't help his cause.

You know a lot of non-cricket watchers were pulled into the finals match today looking from the comments, some of them came from insecure baseball watchers while most of them asked questions about the sport and said it seemed interesting. What better way to spread cricket into new areas? Give the man credit where its due.

That is the only good thing he has done for cricket, but people hate the IPL because of him.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Chirayu Amin, an industrialist and head of the Baroda Cricket Association, has been named interim chairman of the IPL by the BCCI, following Lalit Modi's suspension after the league's final on Sunday night.

:sarcasm

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thats the best news I have heard since the inception of Action Cam in IC 2010:sarcasm

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Cheers guys :D, it's a good news for us 'cricket fans' but we also know that IPL is far from dying so I guess we gotta wait quite a while. :(

King Cricket

International Coach
Like Mob said, anyone who replaces him will be just as corrupt. That's just the way it works in India i'm afraid

That's why I would have liked an ex-cricketer as Modi's successor to the throne, instead of another BCCI bureaucrat. Not saying that a person with a clean image like Chirayu Amin is a poor choice, but appointing a former cricketer or someone like that who is politically neutral always ensures a greater transparency.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I would have loved to see Ravi Shashtri or Sunil Gavaskar TBH