Last Movie You Watched

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
when-time-ran-out.jpg

One of the more obscure disaster films is When Time Ran out. . It was a commercial flop evidently despite having William Holden, Paul Newman and Ernest Borgnine in the cast.. I found it a lot of fun. Unlike some of the turgid disaster flicks such as Earthquake which takes an hour to get moving, When Time Ran Out has plenty of early action and maintains it thruout. It is loosely based on the volcanic eruption on the Caribbean island of Martinique early in the 20th Century. For mine Burgess Meredith steals the show. One scene that sticks in my mind is when Meredith's character, a former circus performer, piggybacks several children along a narrow rickety bridge while underneath lava spews flames metres into the air. (see above image)

Last edited:

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I highly recommend this little psychological thriller...........keeps you guessing and intrigued right to the end.

Held captive and faced with their imminent executions, fifty strangers are forced to choose the one person among them who deserves to live.

circle.jpg

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
England
I watched Some Like It Hot last night, i love the old classic American movies, and Marilyn Monroe is one of my favorite actresses.

D

Deleted member 193333

Deadpool 2, Ryan Reynolds absolutely hilarious :lol

There is this certain scene where Deadpool recruits some superheroes to go on a rescue mission right all of them begin jumping out of the plane, complete stitches. Can’t say too much because it will turn into a spoiler alert, highly recommend watching the movie.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
HUSH HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE: (1964).

movieposter.jpg

There were two films in the 60s which revived the career of Bette Davis. The first was Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. This was the second.. both were psychological thrillers. Bette was her usual hi quality while Olivia De Havilland put in one of her best performances. Agnes Moorehead stole the show winning a best support Golden Globe. Taking the director reins once again was Robert Aldrich.

This is a mysterious tale of a young women who is accused of the grisly murder of her former lover but is never convicted and must see out her days, hovering between sanity and insanity, in a crumbling southern mansion. The arrival of her cousin creates fears and suspicions that almost send the woman over the edge. What is the cousin's end play?
7/10 rating.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Shawshank Redemption.jpg
The Shawshank Redemption, quite possibly one of the best movies ever made. One of my personal favourites.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread