Lee's Ideas

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have an idea for a cricket game that I think would be really good and increase the longevity of it.

In some games, as you move up levels you are able to "buy" new skills and things. I have particularly seen this feature in fighting games and I think that it would have it's place in cricket games too. For example, you may be out caught through bat-pad in one match, and after it you can go to the nets feature and work on something like playing more in front of your pad. This would show you a new button combination perhaps, and from then on you would be able to use it in matches. I'm not sure how many skills like this exist in cricket so this feature may be limited, but I think that there are enough to put it in a cricket game.

If you have any comments or could even expand on this idea I would be most grateful.

Last edited:

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It sounds a relatively good idea. I think it could have it's place in cricket games. Are you basing this on a cricket career game? In which you could start off as a poor batsman and then as your career progresses you can chose to buy certain shots, or pay to get better at a shot. So yeah, it sounds like a good idea!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
GrayNicolls said:
It sounds a relatively good idea. I think it could have it's place in cricket games. Are you basing this on a cricket career game? In which you could start off as a poor batsman and then as your career progresses you can chose to buy certain shots, or pay to get better at a shot. So yeah, it sounds like a good idea!

I was basing it on cricket games in general. Many people have wanted to have a feature like you said for a while anyway. I didn't mean that you could "buy" certain shots, I meant that you could train for certain shots.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Skateboarder said:
I have an idea for a cricket game that I think would be really good and increase the longevity of it.

In some games, as you move up levels you are able to "buy" new skills and things. I have particularly seen this feature in fighting games and I think that it would have it's place in cricket games too. For example, you may be out caught through bat-pad in one match, and after it you can go to the nets feature and work on something like playing more in front of your pad. This would show you a new button combination perhaps, and from then on you would be able to use it in matches. I'm not sure how many skills like this exist in cricket so this feature may be limited, but I think that there are enough to put it in a cricket game.

If you have any comments or could even expand on this idea I would be most grateful.

Yes, this will be great. EA have now so much prospect for skills in their games...with the freeing of all the "main" buttons ([] tri. X and O).

I have ideas how this can be used:

• Hoik shot
  • Defensive push
  • Bat pad help
  • Different ducks
  • Fielding techniques
  • Spin deliveries

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
And maybe you could add seaming deliveries too. Like if a bowler isn't very good at swinging.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, there are infinate possibilities.

And instead of "money" to buy skills, you have "time" which is earned by playing well.

With more time you can practice better skills. At first they will be hard to perform, but you can also purchase a coach, which make purchased skills easier to perform...

Lets take the in swinger for example...

You place allotted time slots into learning it: You learn it by completing mini games (like bowling the correct, in-swinging, line and length). The total success decides how hard the button combination is, and the % success rate decides the confidence required to do the delivery and the level of your coach decides the difficulty of the mini games.

An >20% success rate would mean you cannot do the delivery.
An >50% success rate would mean that the delivery is not always successful.
A 100% success rate means you have a special related delivery (deadly late in ducker) at your desposal at rare times or your pace increases, depending on what you choose.

A harder combonation could involve rotating the analogue stick and pressing several buttons in quick sequence, whilst an easier one might simply be X+[].

PS: Best idea I have seen in a long time, reps 4 u.

EDIT: That being said, if a game has more than one (e.g) hook shot, you can train to have both the one you like and the default...

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would like to see a Situation Mode where you can select what's happening. This was seen in previous editions of the great FIFA series, and worked well. You could set how many runs are required, etc. and make it a tough game. You won't be restricted either.

This is the CGW forum's 1000th post. :)

mehkar

International Coach
nice ideas there mate really agree with them

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Nice idea sounds good. Similar to the BLIC career mode, making runs/taking wicket/catching or run-outing would give you points to improve different aspects of your game.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Another thing to give a realistic feeling is the difference in quality of equipments that you can buy in career.

I mean , when you start off, you may dont have so much money to straight go and get sponsors ? ;)

Therefore, what we can do is for eg. I start off with a normal bat and not one like kookaburra. And when we start getting famous on the terms of our "skill" then and we earn money and certain equipment gets unlocked. and then we can buy it. So that it gives a feeling. ANd it would be most important if there is some difference in the quality of equipment. For example, in a bad quality helmet, the batsman gets more hurt, similarly a batsman can play better shots with a high quality bat.

Users who are viewing this thread