Limitations on celebrations

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
what about this:Pathan was reprimanded for clapping & laughing when Martyn was out.It was the VB series 2004 in which India-Zimbabwe-Australia played.

09pathan.jpg

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I dint know about this, but if he indeed was reprimanded just for clapping and laughing (and not saying something vulgar in between as most do), then I think there is something wrong with the ICC.

Englishandproud

Club Cricketer
m_vaughan said:
Whats so abusive in pointing in the direction of the pavillion?

Totally agree with you m_vaughen, there is nothing wrong in doing it, especially if the bowler knows how important the wicket was. It just proves the Aussies dont like it up em. Just adds abit more spice to Englands Big Summer :D

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Same thing happened to Shoaib Akhter when he pointed towards the pavillion after getting Langer (i think). IMO, that is a bit harsh. A bit of sledging like that makes the match more interesting. I do agree with jaromedascorp, there shouldn't be double standards as in who gets fined and who doesn't for essentially the same thing.

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
I dont think there is anything wrong in poiting towards the pavillion. I just think that there shouldnt be words added to the pointing.

And yes. I think that there should be no fines unless there is abusive language used. I wud be really excited if I got Hayden out. Hayden has the potential to ruin your day with his bat! I prolly wud point him to the pavillion, but I wudnt say anything. MOst I wud say is "YESSSS"

Ryand

Club Cricketer
No problem with celebrating as long as nothing harsh is said or done.Jones' fine was fair cause he didnt get a suspension or lose his match fee.

T20

Panel of Selectors
yes icc needs some younger members to lead them perhaps. Tomorrow they may stop players from smiling or raising their hands or hugging after a wicket. Don't understand what Jones did wrong there. and poor Pathan was fined for no reason too, what's even worse was Martyn complained about it to the umpire like a schoolgirl.

bassit

School Cricketer
As long as the gesture is not nasty, its okay for me.

Last edited:

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
They can celebrate as much as they like do handstands, cartwheels, somersaults whatever they want but there is no need for them to rub it in a batsmens face by showing them to go back to the dressing rooms.
If its a really important wicket the batsmen is already feeling bad enough and if someone did that to me i would go back to the bowler and fake swing my bat at him.
Which is probably why they fine them because they dont want to see the batsmen going back and confronting the bowler.

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
hmm. well I think that every bowler should think before they act.

On the other hand though I dont like this school boy garbage of complaining. "Teacher Teacher, Irfan was laughing at me teacher and made me feel embarrased."

Oh please. Just suck it up and move on.

andyptl18

Club Cricketer
well i think the indians are jsut relieving the pressure and they get pumped really
if ICC started fining for the minor things then Aussies would get gined EVERY GAME DAY due to their "sledging" but by FAR the worst guy of too much "sledging for me is: Danish Kaneria (i especially remember what he did to Martyn when he got Martyn out on 150sumthin in the tests)

Users who are viewing this thread