Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
If I’d read this rule before I might have been a little more circumspect in my trades.

Tough decisions here...

I want to keep:

Tamim Iqbal
Martin Guptill
Ben Stokes
Kemar Roach
Ben Dunk
Mason Crane
Ed Pollock

Qais Ahmad not picked despite trading him :lol:lol - you’ve had a nightmare there!

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wrote an extremely long post that I'm sure no one will want to read about Season 2 plans. I'll break it up instead.

Had schedule last week and I'm already a week behind. Hoping to get something going though. Got some fun plans, shake up the draft a little and even something that could liven up the actual matches. :spy

Baker Street Boys managed by @Parth D will be joining.

Watch this space for more team announcements.

Wanted to confirm interest. 9 old managers, based on responses recently, are up for the challenge.

Everyone else, let me know if you want to take part or not. If you don't want to be involved, for whatever reason, no worries. I will put a 7-day limit on this. If I haven't heard from you by Wednesday 18th November you'll be missing out. I will consider the door open for you to come back if I do a season 3.

I'll have some more information on picking teams today or tomorrow. Current plan is to allow old teams to retain a maximum of 7 players. If people would rather have a complete reset of squads we could do that.
Yes, I will and can confirm that the Grubs will be making a return in season 2 with operations finally resuming once again at the team HQ after the Covid Lockdown. The lads might be a bit rusty after having been laying on the couch consuming sugary delights and putting on a few pounds over the past couple of months, as have I, but it's good to finally be back here!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes, I will and can confirm that the Grubs will be making a return in season 2 with operations finally resuming once again at the team HQ after the Covid Lockdown. The lads might be a bit rusty after having been laying on the couch consuming sugary delights and putting on a few pounds over the past couple of months, as have I, but it's good to finally be back here!
Let me know if you need any help catching up with where things stand. There are links to the most important post in the first thread.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Tough decisions here, thank you all for the trade enquiries! Make life more difficult! Fire In Babylon will responding to trades by end of tommorow! And somehow retain 7 from their multitalented squad!

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Let me know if you need any help catching up with where things stand. There are links to the most important post in the first thread.
Alright cheers for that, I've got a bit of getting up to speed to do to catch up with what the retentions, trades etc. are all about so I'll check it out. Will post the list of the delisted squad members and those who are getting put up for trade later on, although I'm not sure if much people will be interested in the players who I'll be prepared to trade (Will be the overpayed and underperforming ones from season 1) thankful that I don't have Sir Alastair or the 'King of Cash' Leach to deal with though, looking at you @Dutch. :p

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Good Morning, Afternoon, and evening to all. After falling just short finishing in 3rd place in Season 1 the Grubs are looking to go one better and make it to the final stage and win!

Thus as a result the team management has decided a team shake up is what is required in order to achieve the desired results, what that means is that the management have announced a list of players from the original 16 man squad to be put up to be available and interested to be traded to opposing teams, those players are as follows:

- Shikhar Dhawan :bat:
- Mohammad Hafeez :ar:
- Mustafizur Rahman :bwl:
- Morne Morkel :bwl:
- Sandeep Lamichhane :bwl:
- Lewis Gregory :ar:
- Alex Davies :wkb:

If any of those names take your fancy, then send me a message and enquire with your offers. If these players are not traded most (or all of them) will likely be delisted so I may be a bit more lenient with offers.

Also, check out the above mentioned players contract prices and stats from season 1 on my team sheet in the Google Sheet by @wasteyouryouth beforehand to give yourself a better gouge on these players if you're interested in adding them to your teams.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope to see my inbox getting filled up soon, so that we can finalise a trade/s before the Wednesday deadline :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread