Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
th

Fire In Babylon have released news of their protected 7 players. At present there is no room for Aussie pacer, Mitchell Starc!

Chris Gayle, Rassie Van Der Dussen, Marnus Labuschange, Sunil Narine, Ashley Nurse, Kieron Pollard and captain Kane Williamson.

The Fire, were runners up in last seasons tournament and are looking to go one step further, but their talented squad has been decimated by the rules for Season 2, can they pull another squad together again with a FIB version 2 squad?, Will their spin twins, Narine and Nurse have as spectacular performance as last year?

How will they fare without Starc?

The "Universe Boss" was said to be focused prior to the tournament, promising that his hard work would pay off this time. Gayle was dissapointed in his performance last season, the final really swung on his run out. He is ready!

682288-gayle-970-insta.jpg

Time will tell!

Mousey :)
So you're saying Mitchell Starc, a left arm fast bowler with statically one of the best bowling averages in T20 cricket, will be available in the draft. Very interesting :spy

Also, is anyone interested in some last minute D-day trading or am I the only numpty to have yet to announce my team's player retentions?...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So you're saying Mitchell Starc, a left arm fast bowler with statically one of the best bowling averages in T20 cricket, will be available in the draft. Very interesting :spy

Also, is anyone interested in some last minute D-day trading or am I the only numpty to have yet to announce my team's player retentions?...
I think you're all that's left.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think you're all that's left.
Well, in that case I may as well announce my retentions and round out the retention lists *drum roll*, the players that the Gilly's Grubs team management have chosen to keep are:

Gilly's Grubs Squad Retentions:

- AB de Villiers (C) 》 Mr 360 and the skipper from last season gets another gig batting at No.4 and captaining, did both brilliantly last season so can be trusted again
- Hardik Pandya 》 The reliable all-rounder who underperformed with the ball last season but made it up by being promoted to open with Warner for most of the season and it payed off (*India take note)
- David Warner 》 Bought for an absolute steal of a price, vice captain and opener, was the team's second highest run-scorer behind Pandya although was a bit inconsistent
- Corey Anderson 》 Had an absolutely ridiculous strike rate of 226.7 while also averaging 46 with the bat in the middle order, played the finisher role extremely well. 4th highest run scorer in the team, and despite being an all-rounder only bowled a single over throughout the whole tournament
- Kuldeep Yadav 》 The whole team faltered when it came to bowling and while his numbers weren't great (7 wickets at 27.29 going at 9.1 an over) he was still the team's second highest wicket taker and only frontline bowler to average under 50 with the ball
- Mohammad Nabi 》Only played a few games but had the best economy in the team of 7.4 and picked up 7 wickets at just 21, also contributed a few handy lower order runs with a 212.5 strike rate
- Hazratullah Zazai 》Was a tough choice for the 7th player to retain, and while he only played one game in the whole tournament in the 3rd place play off where he wasn't required to bat, the team management sees a lot of potential in him as an aggressive young top order batsman who could potentially get the team off to a blistering start in the powerplay and compliment well to partner with Warner and de Villiers.

As a result the players not retained are: Shikhar Dhawan, Mohammad Hafeez, Lewis Gregory, Kesrick Williams, Mustafizur Rahman, Morne Morkel, Sandeep Lamichhane, Rahul Chahar, and Alex Davies. The team management thanks them all for their services, and we wish them well in the future...as long as they don't perform well playing against us, if they have that opportunity down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread