|Looking For Mods| - The Sport Forum

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Seems like you spent a bit of money on the site duded as its a .net
Quite some risk you are taking there especially with the concept but keep with it as things will start of slow before you get big.

D

Deleted member 11215

Cheers for all the feedback.
1) cheers for it ritwik i have noticed that ill see if usy can make it firefox friendly can you suggest anything there?
2) yer i spent a bit on it but i know this will take time pc started off small and unestablished once and made it big and it took time. so thanks for the support.
3) yer usy helped with the skin i like it myself and you gotta join the sig :D

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That animation should read 'Talk about your fav players' not 'Talk about you're fav players'.

Ritwik

co-founder
1) cheers for it ritwik i have noticed that ill see if usy can make it firefox friendly can you suggest anything there?

Work on your tables and layers (if you're using them) since Firefox doesn't support them as well as IE. You'll just have to make some changes and keep previewing the site in firefox to know what displays best.

D

Deleted member 11215

cheers for the info ritwik you have given alot of feedback for this site and id like to thank you alot for helping out.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll do a a new layout, any ideas about the colours and etc..?

Brett_Lee

International Coach
nice little community you got there duded!

Ritwik said:
Work on your tables and layers (if you're using them) since Firefox doesn't support them as well as IE. You'll just have to make some changes and keep previewing the site in firefox to know what displays best.

I HATE THAT and my new site im using layers and everything is moved around with layers. Tables are alright. I reckon that Getting your image sliced into different tables is fine setting a table border to 0 otherwise there's codes out there which can do it or try using a different program

Ritwik

co-founder
As Brett Lee says above, you can try using a different WYSIWYG web editor. I used Dreamweaver 4 for designing a site and the resulting site looked great on IE but horrible in firefox. Latest versions of Dreamweaver MX and Golive have much better native firefox support, I think.

duded64 said:
cheers for the info ritwik you have given alot of feedback for this site and id like to thank you alot for helping out.
You're most welcome.

D

Deleted member 11215

anyone else have anymore views or ideas?

please can some people join up 245 have view this thread and i only have 5 members :(

Ritwik

co-founder
duded64 said:
anyone else have anymore views or ideas?

please can some people join up 245 have view this thread and i only have 5 members :(
245 views doesn't mean that 245 different people have seen it. Each view is counted, akin to "hits" for web pages. You yourself must have seen this topic at least 15 times, if not more.

Ste

Executive member
Also perhaps people thing that they have forums that are good enough already for cricket, football and whatever other sports they are interested in.

Have you advertised it in other forums or just here?

D

Deleted member 11215

just here lol but cheers for the feedback im gonna make my advertising more stretched now

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Ritwik said:
As Brett Lee says above, you can try using a different WYSIWYG web editor. I used Dreamweaver 4 for designing a site and the resulting site looked great on IE but horrible in firefox. Latest versions of Dreamweaver MX and Golive have much better native firefox support, I think.

You're most welcome.
Not even dreamweaver 8 and mx 2004 do. They are fine with tables in firefox and opera but layers still are bad. Get slicing images and put into tables would make it all browser friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread