• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11215

Hi,
This is my new site www.thesportforum.net

Now im not gonna put a whole essay on why people should join you'll either like it or not but id be very happy if you all give it a go and have a look.

The Site is basically PC and soccergaming mixed.

Enjoy the site

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritwik

co-founder
My views on your site:

1. Make a logo. The default Invision one looks tacky. It ain't hard to make a logo. You can make a good one in Windows Paint or try Adobe Illustrator for some really great results! (Illustrator is a drawing tool which is a whole lot easier to do than Photoshop and is excellent for stuff like logos, since the colour reproduction is very crisp).
2.As I keep repeating whenever such a thread is posted - fix a focus for your website and stick with it! Don't try to do too many things at once. Make a particular topic your site's USP (Unique Selling Point). You'll get members on the basis of what you focus on, and then you can expand to cover other topics depending on what your members want.
3. The best way to get a community going is to frequently visit popular forums (like PC!) and make friends there, and jointly start a forum with some of your friends. This way work will be more evenly distributed and 2,3 or 4 people will be trying to attract new members rather than just you doing all the work!

Good luck with your community.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
What people want to know is whats special about the site? Why should we go there?

D

Deleted member 11215

Cheers for the feedback :)
1) as for the logo and the skin something is being done on that front at this very moment :) and i this was before the post.
2) USP - PC & Soccergaming mixed. i plan to offer downloads for both cricket 2005 blic fifa pes and other sporting games. I also agree with not too much info or its annoying.
3) ive already started that ;)
4) Cheers for the feedback can you please keep the posting coming in. Have i answered your questions to a good satisfactory or do you want more info? Please post

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Your USP isnt unique though, we can just go to Soccergaming and stay here. Try to think of something special you can offer

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
duded that is nice, good work mate ;).

D

Deleted member 11215

hey guys what are your views on the new homepage designed by usy?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It looks quite good but I dont like the grainy effect that the animation has, the images are wildly out of place compared to where you have to click, there are various spelling mistakes and the copyright notice at the bottom should read All Rights Reserved!

D

Deleted member 11215

cheers for the feedback skateboarder i really do appreciate it.
1) ill see how more people feel about the text then decide on it
2) cheers for the info on the spelling mistakes :)
3) ill fix that rights reserved.
4) what internet client are you using? (by any chance is it firefox?)

Ritwik

co-founder
4) what internet client are you using? (by any chance is it firefox?)

Firefox and IE are web browsers, and not internet clients. And you better make your website Firefox compliant( if it is not already) since about 20% of net surfers now use firefox with the number increasing daily.

D

Deleted member 11215

yes Ritwik thanks for the feedback.
1) sorry for the bad technical term.
2) did you use firefox to go onto the site?
3) if you did was there errors?
4) im gonna try and make it firefox complient now (I Use it :D)

Cheers for the feedback.

Ritwik

co-founder
duded64 said:
yes Ritwik thanks for the feedback.
1) sorry for the bad technical term.
2) did you use firefox to go onto the site?
3) if you did was there errors?
4) im gonna try and make it firefox complient now (I Use it :D)

Cheers for the feedback.

I noticed the same errors as skateboarder above.

D

Deleted member 11215

like the adverts overlapped and some went into the middle of the page?

Ritwik

co-founder
Yes. Also the buttons are not positioned properly - you'll notice what I mean when you click on one of them. Also there seem to be some issues with the left navbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread