Manchester Divided - Year 2009

Who should be Man D's skipper for the 2009 season?

• Total voters

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
We can win this year again. Good team, cash to make it better. All sorted!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I feel this is a good time to announce our draft aims - as it stands, it is very unlikely that we are going to purchase anyone else, so when it comes to Draft time I want us to go for Pure Bats first, and the Pure Bowlers. No more allrounders if it can be avoided. ARs may be the key to success in real T25, but this is Cricsim we are talking about.

As for NT players, rumours have it we can keep 2 and get 2 new ones. I say we keep MSD and Hussey, and get rid of Oram. We can replace Oram with another Bat, and an allrounder. So on good batting tracks, the Pure Bowler plays, and on good bowling tracks, the Pure bat (Hussey). The AR would play when it suits him (Most likely on Poor pitches). MSD would be a regular in the side, what with being our only keeper.
See you are well on your way to completely reversing my master plan for last season :). I think Oram played one game last season, so I think dropping him will be a huge loss. I think his not playing was key in many victories.

As a player I'd like to see Manchester win, but in terms of my being able to take full and comprehensive credit for last season's win I'd like to see you fail miserably. So prove me wrong and end up in the middle of the table.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oram will indeed be missed, I don't think there was a more accomplished drinks carrier in the entire league. However, we must move on.

I think Spin and I have proven ourselves to be more than capable at the tactical side of things, but if it makes you happy, we could always credit our success to your teachings?

And with Spin showing us he is still alive and hasn't migrated off to Antartica, we now have a sudden influx of vCash. Let's go and buy some people just before the close of the transfer period. And if we fail at that, we'll kill at the Nats draft.

Also, if anyone has a nice idea on how to earn more vCash, or how to invest our current amount to make a hefty profit, do let me know. Next season will be a real pricey one...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Nope. And he isn't willing to leave either. He's the side's skipper!

(Sorry Giggity)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Well, looks like we have failed in our attempt to acquire Tassie. Oh well. We might have a new batsman in travder92 soon though, so keep your fingers crossed.

Also, any suggestions for any potential signings will be considered - we have cash that needs to be burned.

Also, a tentative first XI, including Nat players, currently looks like this:

Giggty
Hussey
MSD (+)
Jaz (*)
DPRA
Amiya
Jacob Oram
The Spin
Zorax
Pak
WHM

3 bowling ARs, 1 pure AR, and 2 pure bowlers. Rest batters.
Pitch would probably be a poor one to make the most of the batting depth. Might drop one of Myself/Spin to get Monty57 in. The Pure AR might add more on a Poor pitch. Although considering Oram will be dropped if possible for a Pure Nat AR, then myself and Spin should retain our spots.

With Roborocks and Skater in the wings...it's a strong squad. Might get some exciting young talent, might get the extra bat in Travder, and we will have a Nat bowler joining the squad, so it's looking pretty good...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Alright folks, I'd like you to welcome our new batsman, Arslaan Khalid - AKA, Pakistani Army!!

Now, try to be nice to him, despite the fact that he is an obvious target for sledging along the lines of relating his transfer to his conception...
For those of you that are slow, what I mean is using the line 'Your transfer was just like your birth - a drunken accident!' , or 'Your coming here was like your mama getting pregnant with you - both were unplanned and due to an attempt at pissing off someone else!
I'm sure he'll be a valuable addition :)

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Awesome signings so far and I have some vCash to burn aswell if it is required, although it seems we are rolling in the money. I'll have a look at the people available for the draft, perhaps, and see the players we should be looking to sign. People like Big Man, Shri, Neo95 are all batsmen and quite active whilst there are some brilliant active bowlers like Manee. Could have some fun this draft.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Indeed. I'm really just worried about getting everyone a game :p I think Spin and I will be on a Play-only-if-needed basis.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I'm sure everyone won't mind being rotated. Although you can't rotate your star batsman... ;)

...which means Hussey will always be in the team I guess. Anyway on Sunday I may be in the convo anyway to be with Simon, as I help with PCPL(apparently), so will be able to try and gang up on the other people in the convo with you or Chez. Peer pressure ftw.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Indeed. That'll be fun!

And Hussey won't miss a game, don't worry about that ;)

If anyone won't get dropped, it'll be MSD. He's our only keeper.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Oh yeah, there is that. :p

No doubt we can play any team and match the success of last season's victory. Shouldn't be too hard really.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
We are the hot favourites to win this.

Thought I should announce this, but our kit and logo are now being done by fellow Donkey KBC. I think we can say he'll do a good job.

Our transfers for this season include signing Arslaan, Pak and Amiya, while MCG and Storer11 have been traded off, and Ajay and Sb are currently being sold. We might still pursue Travder92, but don't count on it.

Yea, that's pretty much it.

Users who are viewing this thread