Marlon Samuels' suspension to end in May, hopes for WI recall

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
May the 9th is when his ban is lifted. Would love to see him back in the team, he offers a lot in the middle order.

In ODi's possibly, but not in Test cricket. An order of Gayle, Barath, Sarwan, Nash, Chanderpaul, Bravo, Ramdin is more than good enough, and Samuels certainly doesn't offer more than any of those guys.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dowlin, Simmons etc the list goes on, hence why I didn't say anything about test cricket ;)

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If WI's get a fully fit and fully available squad, they could really become a threat.
They have class batsman in Gayle, Chanderpaul, Sarwan, Samuels, Morton plus some youth.
Plus a pace attack of Edwards, Taylor, Roach, Powell and Bravo.

Agree to that, but they would still lack a quality spin bowler.

I think, WI's curve is going up only. Their worst part is certainly gone. Hopefully, with Australia coming a bit down and others team catching up, it will be a good decade for cricket in general.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Why? Most people argree he was harshly dealt with considering they didn't have concrete proof.

if there wasnt significant proof why was he banned? the authority isnt run by blind people you know.

he was appropriately dealt with it. fact.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The fact is that a lot of ICC charges are predominantly concerned not with proving that a particular act was committed, but whether circumstances could bring the player or the game into disrepute.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
If I remember correctly the West Indies First Class season ends before the ban expires so there arent that many chances for him to show if he can still bat.

Users who are viewing this thread