1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
lol, i always thought that was martin sheen :p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just finished Mass Effect.

What a game.

I logged it at 46 hours (including all the side quests) - 46 hours, some amazing missions and firefights, with a cracking story to top it all off. And unlike a lot of great games like this, it didn't have a crap ending. Sovereign/Saren could've been a bit tougher to take down admittedly, but it was still one hell of a battle.

So - ME2: longer, shorter, same length (taking into account sidequests)?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I've just found some re texturing mods - Liara for an example:

oldandnewliaraxv8.png

Link: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/34783-mass-effect-pc-modlist/

----------

This is supposed to be a way to stop corpses disappearing:

BIOGame.ini

[BIOC_Base.BioArtPlaceable]
m_nMaxCorpseVisibilityCleanupAttempts=8
m_fCorpseCleanupFirstAttemptTime=60.0
m_fCorpseCleanupAttemptRetryTime=10.0
m_fMaxCorpseCleanupDistanceThreshold=6000.0

[BIOC_Base.BioPawn]
m_nMaxCorpseVisibilityCleanupAttempts=8
m_fCorpseCleanupFirstAttemptTime=60.0
m_fCorpseCleanupAttemptRetryTime=10.0
m_fMaxCorpseCleanupDistanceThreshold=6000.0

Those should let the bodies stay longer.

Seems to work - not sure if it'll keep them there after you've left the room though - and that's the point, isn't it? To go back through rooms and see the results of your 'work'. :D

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Just finished Mass Effect.

What a game.

I logged it at 46 hours (including all the side quests) - 46 hours, some amazing missions and firefights, with a cracking story to top it all off. And unlike a lot of great games like this, it didn't have a crap ending. Sovereign/Saren could've been a bit tougher to take down admittedly, but it was still one hell of a battle.

So - ME2: longer, shorter, same length (taking into account sidequests)?

So you tried to save Saren in the end or started the fight the moment you saw him?
I was paragon so i talked Saren out of the control of Sovereign. So Saren shot himself to protect everyone but then His body becomes some kinda creature which i have to fight.

----------

Dude, now that you have finished the ME1 you gotta see this video.
This is the Prologue of ME2. I dont think you can resist watching it after reading the header of video. :p

----------

The last 20 seconds would be shocking... Watch with full volume on speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Had a bit of a talk with him to see if he would reason, and there were some greyed out options which might have made a difference :p - maybe I'll see what they are on my next playthrough, because I will play this game again at some point. :)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
The grayed out options were there because you tried to compromise during the story. You can either support Alliance or Citadel during the crucial events. Depending on that you get Renegad/Paragon points. If you had maxed out your paragon then you could have talked him into suicide:p

----------

About the length of the game, Well i completed the game in 32 hours including the DLC which was released with the game. There are couple of DLC's for Mass Effect 1 too. You should play them. One is "Bring Down the Sky" and other is "Pinnacle Station". BDTS is about 90 minutes long while PS is 3 hours long. So you can add couple of more hours in Mass Effect universe before jumping into ME2

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The grayed out options were there because you tried to compromise during the story. You can either support Alliance or Citadel during the crucial events. Depending on that you get Renegad/Paragon points. If you had maxed out your paragon then you could have talked him into suicide:p

----------

About the length of the game, Well i completed the game in 32 hours including the DLC which was released with the game. There are couple of DLC's for Mass Effect 1 too. You should play them. One is "Bring Down the Sky" and other is "Pinnacle Station". BDTS is about 90 minutes long while PS is 3 hours long. So you can add couple of more hours in Mass Effect universe before jumping into ME2

I've played Bring Down The Sky because it came for free - amazing stuff in that as well - some of the vistas on display during that mission were breathtaking. Is there any free DLC for ME2? I know there is with Collectors Edition - is that what you got? I'm just going for the standard game because it's much cheaper.

I've just jumped straight back into ME1 again, playing as a male this time and a completely different class. I know, I'm hooked - there wasn't anything else I wanted to play. Even though I know what happens, in some ways, it adds to it because now I know what that huge ship taking off from Eden Prime is etc, etc. This time round, I'm playing as a right SoB, I even smacked the assistant guy in that shed on Eden Prime. :D I'm not sure if it's worth trawling through all the sidequests again though - I might just do the main story this time - but they say that even that can take nearly fifteen hours? Ashley's already clearly taking a shine to Mr Shepard... ;)

I'm also going to give Knights of the Old Republic another chance, as that's by Bioware as well - I got annoyed with it last time round because the turn based combat didn't give me the freedom I wanted (and got from ME), but it's worth another chance - if I can't get past a certain fight, well that's what GameFaqs and the like are for. ;)

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Any DLC :eek: There are loads of DLC's and i have played them all. Except Arrival because it has released last month and i intend to play it next year before the release of ME3. Just to get back into the groove :p

Here is the list of ME 2 DLC's

Lair of the Shadow Broker
Arrival
Zaeed - The Price of Revenge
Kasumi - Stolen Memory
Normandy Crash Site
Firewalker Pack
Overlord

These all are better than ME1 DLC's because they are part of main story. They are not some side missions just for kicks. They bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3.

----------

Just recalled one thing, Zaeed, Normandy Crash Site and Firewalker pack came with the collector edition. Maybe when you'll buy, they'll bunch all of the DLC's in the DVD itself

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Any DLC :eek: There are loads of DLC's and i have played them all. Except Arrival because it has released last month and i intend to play it next year before the release of ME3. Just to get back into the groove :p

Here is the list of ME 2 DLC's

Lair of the Shadow Broker
Arrival
Zaeed - The Price of Revenge
Kasumi - Stolen Memory
Normandy Crash Site
Firewalker Pack
Overlord

These all are better than ME1 DLC's because they are part of main story. They are not some side missions just for kicks. They bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3.

----------

Just recalled one thing, Zaeed, Normandy Crash Site and Firewalker pack came with the collector edition. Maybe when you'll buy, they'll bunch all of the DLC's in the DVD itself

Maybe - we'll see soon enough, I'm ordering the game tomorrow, so it should be here towards the end of the week. Have you got a link to those DLCs? I went to the Mass Effect site, but all I can find there is ME3 info (so I left immediately). ;) Are they all free?

Edit: By the way, the 'bodies stay' thing only seems to work for a relatively short time - maybe if I tweak some values it'll make them stay for longer. It doesn't seem to hit the FPS at all. :)

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Zaeed, Normandy Crash Site and Firewalker comes with the pack. You'll get a Cerberus card in with the DVD. When you start the log in to the bioware and use the code to get those dlc's.
You need to buy the rest 4 DLC's they are paid or ;)

Some DLC's come with preorder and some came only with the Collector edition.

Collectors' Weapon and Armor
Terminus Weapon and Armor
Inferno Armor
Sentry Interface
Umbra Visor
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle
Blood Dragon Armor
Recon Hood

----------

Maybe - we'll see soon enough, I'm ordering the game tomorrow, so it should be here towards the end of the week. Have you got a link to those DLCs? I went to the Mass Effect site, but all I can find there is ME3 info (so I left immediately). ;) Are they all free?

Edit: By the way, the 'bodies stay' thing only seems to work for a relatively short time - maybe if I tweak some values it'll make them stay for longer. It doesn't seem to hit the FPS at all. :)

I thought you were gonna wait for price to come down :p Couldn't wait anymore could you :D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
No, I wasn't going to wait for the price to come down: no need - I can get it at Game (standard edition ME2) for ?8.99, minus whatever I have on my GAME Card. ;)

I'm really not fussed about armour or item DLCs - the only DLCs I want are those that add missions to the game, like Bring Down The Sky. :0

Users who are viewing this thread