Mass Effect Thread.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You cant do that. I guess you are trying to open some of the locked boxes and doors you find here and there. Mass Effect is not that kind of RPG where you can control other team members. You can only order them to move to positions during the combat and ask them to use certain powers. Those doors/boxes generally contain medikits/armor etc and you would have been able to open them if you had developed your character as Engineer.

----------

Where exactly are you stuck, it can't be a mission related to main story.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
No problem, I've sorted it now - just had to be a bit more 'direct' with an AI. ;)

Mass Effect - what an amazing game. It's like actually being in a sci-fi classic and running Geth over with the Mako is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in gaming. :)

I'm going to order ME2 as soon as possible. ;) I can get it for around ?6.50 - ?8.99 at GAME, but I've got over ?2 on my reward card. :D

Edit: Do you know of any mods that stop bodies disappearing?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry there isnt any mod for that. It didnt bother me really that much. Maybe they did it to improve the performance of game.

P.S: Have you reached the scene where Shepard touches the Artifact. :spy . Anyway, how far you in the game?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Sorry there isnt any mod for that. It didnt bother me really that much. Maybe they did it to improve the performance of game.

P.S: Have you reached the scene where Shepard touches the Artifact. :spy . Anyway, how far you in the game?

Just nuked Sarin's facility stopping him building an army of Krogan warriors and been backstabbed by the council by way of thanks. Ashley didn't make it - so very sad looking at her now nameless locker. :(

That's the mark of good character development - when you actually care if a character dies.

The battle to get to the breeding centre was one of the most epic I've had in any game - it was great fun - and running the Geth over with the Mako was a right laugh, funnily enough it's even more amusing when you knock over one of the bigger Geth. :D

Oh! And I nearly got a (lesbian :D ) kiss off 'Blue' (Liara - Blue's my pet name for her), only for Joker to interrupt with a sodding message! :D

There's only one real annoyance I've got with ME and that's the inventory system, especially when you get to the 150 item limit. Also, when going to your own equipment screen, if you have passed the 150 limit, you have to 'reduce to omnigel' a whole list of items - that's a real pain. Any work been done on the inventory system in ME2?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Inventory system is better and more realistic in ME2. You dont find top quality armor lying on the ground here and there in real life, do you? Some armors are unlockable by DLC and some can be purchased. There is a private room for shepard in ME2 in Normandy. He Keeps all the armor stuff there. So you can play around with various armors and add them in any way you like to get the one you prefer.

Only thing oyu pick up during ME2 is the bullets. Even new weapons have to be unlocked and purchased during the game progression. You get ready in the ship, once you are out of ship you cannot change your Weapon or Armor. A touch of realism eh ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Inventory system is better and more realistic in ME2. You dont find top quality armor lying on the ground here and there in real life, do you? Some armors are unlockable by DLC and some can be purchased. There is a private room for shepard in ME2 in Normandy. He Keeps all the armor stuff there. So you can play around with various armors and add them in any way you like to get the one you prefer.

Only thing oyu pick up during ME2 is the bullets. Even new weapons have to be unlocked and purchased during the game progression. You get ready in the ship, once you are out of ship you cannot change your Weapon or Armor. A touch of realism eh ;)

What I found strange was that you couldn't just pick up an enemy's weapon. Still, as long as the inventory is improved. :)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Well Mass Effect was never a traditional RPG where you loot the dead enimies, change the armor and weapon on the fly. They have tried to create a engrossing world which IMO works beautifully. The voice acting,story and the great team members are the core of this game.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well Mass Effect was never a traditional RPG where you loot the dead enimies, change the armor and weapon on the fly. They have tried to create a engrossing world which IMO works beautifully. The voice acting,story and the great team members are the core of this game.

Fair enough. Can they use First Aid on themselves? They're able to 'unlock first aid', but I don't recall them using it.

The core of the game is great though - I'd love to see a Mass Effect movie - as long as it was done properly with a good Sci Fi director, like Roland Emmerich (ID4, Day after Tomorrow). Done right, it would make an unbelievably good film. :)

One other thing, I've heard that the character from ME2 continues into ME3 - does this apply from ME1 to ME2 as well? Will my choices in the game have any effect on ME2?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Yes ME2 depends upon ME1 big time... Every big decision you make in the game would affect ME2. So dont forget to save your save games. I've even saved the Save games of ME2 on my gmail account as draft just in case my HDD crashes:p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So can playing the game differently in ME1 lead to a completely different experience in ME2? That would make it even more worthwhile to replay ME1 - I'm sure I will at some stage, but not as a soldier again.

Sounds like a sort of 'radiant storyline' feature, as in Skyrim, but split across two or three games.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Whats taking oyu so long :p I would have finished ME 1 by now

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Have you read about the mass effect phenomenon in the codex and the citadel. That is nice info, would help you understand the story more in the latter parts of the game.
Doesnt it feels great to explore a 3d galaxy map in Normandy.

Does the words Prothean, Reapers sound familiar :p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Have you read about the mass effect phenomenon in the codex and the citadel. That is nice info, would help you understand the story more in the latter parts of the game.
Doesnt it feels great to explore a 3d galaxy map in Normandy.

Does the words Prothean, Reapers sound familiar :p

That's why I think it would be a great option if you could carry on walking around while a Codex audio is playing - a lot of the time, I can't be bothered to sit and read, and I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of background because of it.

3D galaxy? Love it. It reminds me a bit of Elite - makes me even more 'homesick' for Elite, but I can't be doing with the older games anymore - and I've given up hope for Elite IV.

Reapers..... shudder....

We have got to stop them.

Of course, I know that's going to rumble on into ME2 and maybe beyond. All I can say is if all ME games are this good, keep 'em coming Bioware.

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
This was originally intended to be a trilogy but after so much success Bioware said that they would keep Mass Effect Franchise going for a long time. I just hope they finish the current story in the ME3.
And there is Martin Sheen as voice actor for a very important role in ME2. Remember the president of America from "Independence Day " Movie :p

This is the opening sequence of Mass Effect 2. IMO best and most thrilling sequence in the gaming history. Incidentally the sequence which betters this one also belong to mass effect 2. The last mission, known as "Suicide mission" ends with a dramatic sequence. It was so good that i wanted the mass effect 3 next day

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread