Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Welcome
Welcome to my download thread, my focus for downloads has always been on delivering quality and unique downloads - something that made my Cricket 07 downloads so successful. I hope to bring this to AC09, now that I can finally get started on patching the things I want to patch with the new edition of the BIG editor.

Downloads
Logo Pack - modifies the unlicensed teams to their correct logos - Preview - Download

World Cup 2011 Overlay - makes things look 21% more like the World Cup! - Preview - Download

Installing
All my downloads require the http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2009-downloads-forum/ac09-big-editor-62002.html to install.

Full instructions for each specific download are included as a text file with the download, as the exact procedure differs for each one. Remember this is not like Cricket 07, placing the files in the Ashes Cricket folder is not enough to make them work.

If you have issues extracting the downloads - try with 7-zip first. I archive for highest possible compression to keep downloads as small as possible.

Redistribution
You do not need to ask me before using my downloads, but you do need to include the readme file I include with my downloads, or at least the first two lines copied in to your own readme under a 'includes works by' heading. You must also include such credit in the post you release the download in.

I will not take action against someone who does one not both of these, but if you use my downloads without any notice and don't make it clear you've done so, it is plagiarism under PlanetCricket's rules.

Requests/Comments
I'm open to any requests, but won't be doing kits or faces. My main focus will be on figuring out the AC09 overlays, but may also work on other things.

I welcome any useful feedback on my downloads, especially constructive criticism. If you don't like something, tell me why so I can improve it.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
MattW's Downloads [Logo Pack Released]

Thanks to AbBh's new version of the big editor, I bring you my first AC09 download, though I hope to do more in the future.

The first is a very simple one, a logo pack that replaces the logos for the unlicenced teams:

73454d1278630117-mattws-downloads-logo-pack-released-logos.jpg

The download is attached, follow the following instructions to install.

Installation:
Download the AC09 BIG file editor

Navigate to AC09/gdata/
Open gdata.wad
Navigate to global/ui

To get a final path of
AC09/gdata/gdata.wad/global/ui

Import the provided sharedlibrarycommon.dwa by selecting the one in that folder and clicking import.

Exit the application and run the game.

You can backup your existing file by clicking export and saving the file in a safe place prior to importing.

Note:
This download was created out of the unpatched version, though no compatibility issues are expected for beta patch users.

Licence for my downloads:

This file may be redistributed in whole or part provided that credit is given and this file is distributed with the download.

Attachments

• logos.jpg
    logos.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 3,039
  • LogoPack-AC09-v1-MattW.zip
    3 MB · Views: 2,157

Max Peters

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Awesome work. We need more of these mods to revitalise Ashses Cricket 09. Keep it up.

Max Peters

Club Captain
This download works great. Here's an ingame screen.

Attachments

• Screen.JPG
    Screen.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 389

Viral Shah

International Coach
Matt i was also going to make logo but as you have made it i will not make and
Matt can you make ads for stadium.:)

Viral Shah added 9 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Matt i have created Afghanistan Logo but how to convert it into dwa file and how to import it

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Matt i have created Afghanistan Logo but how to convert it into dwa file and how to import it
Once you have the new BIG editor, all you need to do is go to the path I mentioned in my first post. Then go to 97.dds, the images following that are the team logos that are used in the game, though some that aren't used are also there. So all you need to do is save the logo as PNG, and then click on the right team's logo (use the preview button to check) and then click import.

Logos are 180x272px.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've done some initial work on overlays to try and figure out what is changing what (there's a lot of grey shapes to deal with).

I've found the necessary files to change things, but it will be a bit of time before I get something good. I'll be doing a Nine overlay first and then look at requests.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've done some initial work on overlays to try and figure out what is changing what (there's a lot of grey shapes to deal with).

I've found the necessary files to change things, but it will be a bit of time before I get something good. I'll be doing a Nine overlay first and then look at requests.

I was just going to request a channel 9 overlay. But you are already doing it, great. Good luck mate.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Here Is Myn Request Can You Make Pitch Ads ??
I've had a look in to pitchads, for now I'll just mention the following:
The pitchads seem to be based on the style of ground rather than each particular stadium having particular ads.

In the cricketgrounds folder, there at a lot of different folders, and in each one there are three types of pitches. Then you want layer02.model and the groundsign dds file within it. Most of them contain the Codemasters logo

For a better example:
AC09/cricketgrounds/type_21/heavy_wear/layer02.model/groundsign_05.dds

will change the 3 pitchad in test matches in Australia - I can only try it at Sydney thanks to not having unlocked everything, but I'm fairly certain that limitation applies.

See the attached screenshot for my attempt at a PlanetCricket logo pitchad.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2010-07-09 23-56-23-23.jpg
    Cricket2009 2010-07-09 23-56-23-23.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 299

P Squared

International Coach
I replaced the logos as per your instructions but they are the same when I look inside the archive. I havent yet seen it ingame though.

Users who are viewing this thread