IPL May 24 - Bangalore Royal Challengers vs Chennai Super Kings

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Nah, all captains aren't, MSD is. Ganguly was talented but not lucky, and I feel sorry for him for that.

Had Dhoni not been the skipper of Chennai, you wouldn't have been defending him so greatly.

----------

:thumbs

Who told you that? I would have defended Dhoni had he been part of any team (of course when he faces up against Chennai, I would want him to get out early). I am a huge fan of Sachin, and defend him anytime (against Chennai, I want him to get out early and I am afraid of him). But I defend all players I like.

Ok so I take it that you dont have anything else to add to that argument of Dhoni is lucky or not.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Off to bed now, will discuss more on Chennai and Dhoni later. Just hoping that thread remains opened by the time I return here. :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Captains

There are lucky and unlucky captains. All of them are talented. Ponting was lucky and Afridi unlucky. Dhoni is extremely lucky and not that talented.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Ok so I take it that you dont have anything else to add to that argument of Dhoni is lucky or not.
Honestly speaking, he is a very good captain, but not the greatest. He has always had very good sides to lead, which has made him so successful.

I appreciate his courage, the decision to come up in the batting order in a WC final and then playing a match winning knock after being out of form for so long was amazing. But the fact remains that he isn't much talented. He has the 'Midas touch', everything he touches turns into gold.

The world has seen many better captains than Dhoni, even India has witnessed one in the form of Sourav Ganguly. I don't say that Dhoni is a bad captain, he is a very good captain with exceptional leadership qualities, but is equally lucky.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Dhoni - the guy is talented no doubt, the guy is lucky no doubt, he is the best option for captaining India no doubt. He performed in WC final, just one innings - he takes all the credit from Sachin, Zaheer, Yuvraj etc. (not really, but his fans makes it look like this).

This guy is simply too much over-rated and hyped. And that's what I hate instead of him.

Though Modi posted a little truth in his tweet.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Corruption and unfair use? You must be Lalit Modi's boyfriend. All that tirade against N.Srinivasan and continuing to falsely accuse him of match fixing. Prove it!
Thats open secret! No one needs a proof, except CSK fans :p haha.

3. Anyone with the track record of Dhoni is bound to be called talented. You just dont seem to be noticing the people who accept that Dhoni is talented. He has been a highly talented batsman, and India's best ever captain (better than Ganguly)
4. Even Ganguly (whom I dont rate as highly talented, although he survived long with his attitude) is more talented with Virender Sehwag. If you take luck into account, cant see a more lucky chap than Sehwag.
@ Point 3: I partially agree with you. A guy without talent wouldn't be leading India, just because he has sheer luck. But, there are others players, who are even talented than him. You must accept that:yes.
@Point 4: Can you please stop bringing in Virender Sehwag whenever Yudi starts talking about CSK and Dhoni? Thats just side traction of discussion, addds nothing to what the thread title says! And please, don't compare players! They are talented in their own ways:yes!

@Rahul Sharma: Dude, take it easy. That was a overjoyed win, and they have reason to shout out loud. Thats the only way to get rid of excitement, which was caused due to the tension during the game. If we'd have win, even I might have done that:yes!

@Yudi: Dude, just take it easy! We all know what is what and its unnecessary discussion about who is great "Sehwag or Dhoni", that too, when compared with Ganguly. That just leads nowhere because they are talented in their own ways and comparison isn't apt. Dhoni has much of luck factor, where as Sehwag has little las of what Dhoni has. And why did Sehwag come here in the RCB v CSK thread? Will he join RCB next year:spy.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thats open secret! No one needs a proof, except CSK fans :p haha.

@ Point 3: I partially agree with you. A guy without talent wouldn't be leading India, just because he has sheer luck. But, there are others players, who are even talented than him. You must accept that:yes.
@Point 4: Can you please stop bringing in Virender Sehwag whenever Yudi starts talking about CSK and Dhoni? Thats just side traction of discussion, addds nothing to what the thread title says! And please, don't compare players! They are talented in their own ways:yes!

@Rahul Sharma: Dude, take it easy. That was a overjoyed win, and they have reason to shout out loud. Thats the only way to get rid of excitement, which was caused due to the tension during the game. If we'd have win, even I might have done that:yes!

@Yudi: Dude, just take it easy! We all know what is what and its unnecessary discussion about who is great "Sehwag or Dhoni", that too, when compared with Ganguly. That just leads nowhere because they are talented in their own ways and comparison isn't apt. Dhoni has much of luck factor, where as Sehwag has little las of what Dhoni has. And why did Sehwag come here in the RCB v CSK thread? Will he join RCB next year:spy.

Open secret said by whom? Lalit Modi? Its as if saying Australia kept winning World Cups from '99 to '07 because of Cricket Australia and its board members. As I said before, I brought in Sehwag because Yudi supports Sehwag who has much more of that luck factor than Dhoni as far as his batting is concerned. I tied Sehwag in with the argument, so I am not sidetracking it in anyway

I hate CSK losing to RCB!! For me, its like India - Pakistan. We have this neighborhood issue of water, etc. Also have been irritated by Kohli's behavior on the field in recent times. And the big main thing is, the anti-CSK supporters and their recent tirade. So this victory felt far more sweeter. Thanks to all these species.:p

shripathee

School Cricketer
You guys are taking this way too seriously. There is some luck which is always involved in sport. Thats why anything can happen in sport. The truth is you cant separate luck from talent and hard work. Virender Sehwag is the most free flowing batsman, simply he is fearless and takes each moment as it comes. In many ways Dhoni is the Sehwag of captaincy. He does not think too much and believes his instincts. Remember when sehwag came on to the scene, every one called him lucky. see where he is now. The fact is that Sehwag and Dhoni are two incredibly talented cricketers in their own ways.

Gurjot95

National Board President
There are lucky and unlucky captains. All of them are talented. Ponting was lucky and Afridi unlucky. Dhoni is extremely lucky and not that talented.
:lol That made my day. Hope this sarcastic comment to Yudi reply. Winning a Lottery is a Luck but Winning a Lottery everytime is not. Remember that.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I find it funny that some people say that Dhoni has always led a strong side. What about 2007 t20 wc cup? He had a strong side in this world cup as well? I wonder how many of us thought that India can win the t20 world cup in 2007 after a very poor performance in the 50 over world cup, earlier that year. Dhoni led a side, which was certainly not "strong". Not only he led the side to a victory but also proved that his leadership qualities are amazing. Trusting a bowler like Joginder to bowl the final overs in the semi-final and final, was a great move. Yes, I must say, that the move was shocking at first but all good because the move worked. :p

In 2011 50 over world cup though, Dhoni did had a strong side to lead. But it isn't like, he is a poor captain or just lucky. He is indeed a good captain. You just cannot compare him with Ganguly though. Ganguly was just a amazing leader and some might think that he is better than Dhoni and some might not.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Open secret said by whom? Lalit Modi? Its as if saying Australia kept winning World Cups from '99 to '07 because of Cricket Australia and its board members. As I said before, I brought in Sehwag because Yudi supports Sehwag who has much more of that luck factor than Dhoni as far as his batting is concerned. I tied Sehwag in with the argument, so I am not sidetracking it in anyway
Seriously, I dunno why you're taking the jokes seriously?:facepalm

And regarding Sehwag, just because Yudi supports Sehwag and is opposing Dhoni, its not fair to just drag in unrelated people! Seriously, would you tolerate some bloke dragging in Dhoni, in Delhi v Bangalore match thread and keeps on comparing him Sehwag, boasting Sehwag up? Just because Yudi is Sehwag's fan, you just cannot drag in some other "unrelated" person right to defend yourself right? When the discussion is on Dhoni, do talk about him, not Sehwag.

I hate CSK losing to RCB!! For me, its like India - Pakistan. We have this neighborhood issue of water, etc. Also have been irritated by Kohli's behavior on the field in recent times. And the big main thing is, the anti-CSK supporters and their recent tirade. So this victory felt far more sweeter. Thanks to all these species.:p

Lol, its definitely not India v Pakistan stuff IMO! Bangalore v Chennai has its own prominence, just like India Pakistan has;).

Users who are viewing this thread