MCC Announce Eight Law Changes

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Actually yea, I don't like the last rule. It's a pretty clear rule, your bat has to be grounded behind the line. Don't know why the have to change it.

Sureshot

Executive member
Yep, as you can't always tell with the camera on 3rd man whether it's grounded or not. Remove the element and it makes things easier.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Because technically when you are even past the line, say even by the bowler's mark, and the bat and both feet are in the air, you could still be runout.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah and some times batsman is well in and jumps to evade the direct hit and ball breaks the stump while he's in the air.. would be a shocking way to get out :p

P

pcfan123

Yea, once you are in you are in. Getting someone out because his bat bounced is like a kick in the balls. Its a cheap shot. It would be like tagging out the runner because he ran past 1st base.

Manly

Thor
I think the best example for that last rule is if the batsman dives to make his ground, the way the bats are shaped means it's almost inevitable that the bat bounces up.

Hmm, that doesn't make much sense, but I'm tired.

madmusician

Club Cricketer
Happened to Walsh a while back, didn't it? Or that could actually have been his bat sticking in a crack just outside the crease, which of course, this new law doesn't cover.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Pfft MLB could learn a few things from the ICC. They still refuse to use replays

I wish they did. They need 2 UDRS referrals per side. There are some close plays, and sometimes not-so-close plays, that really need to be referred (e.g. out at the base, tag or no tag, confirm catches).

I don't know if they'd ever allow sides to refer balls and strikes though :laugh

Sophie Hart

School Cricketer
Well change is needed in every field of life, it?s just cricket. First and foremost these new idea about the catch rule is really appreciatable.

Users who are viewing this thread