Your Cricket Memories in cricket

nz0003

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
About 2 years ago, U15, we were playing the best team in the comp. I was the only decent bowler in the team, the coach came up to me before the game told me I had to step up. I took 5/16 off 10 overs. They ended up with 130 odd. We weren't a very good team and our batting was poor, but I was probably the worst. We got off to a good start, we were about 3 - 100. Then a massive collapse we were 9 - 118 when I came to the crease. Had 4 overs to make 12 runs, we made 9 runs from the next 3 overs but that was mainly from the other batsman. I was really nervous and on strike for the last over, first ball I played and miss. 2nd ball I stepped away and smashed straight back at the bowler, somehow he got a hand to it and it was no run. Next ball I stepped back again, had my head in the sky and missed. The next ball was a replica and we needed 3 off 2 balls. The bowler decided to put it in short for the 5th ball, I played the pull shot and got a massive top edge, it went over square leg and we ran 2. So we needed 1 run off 1 ball, the batsmen at the other end came up to me and said "even if you leave the tweaking ball just run your ass off" this made me feel like Chris Martin but I soaked it up. The bowler came in to bowl the last ball, I was nervous, he was nervous, every parent was nervous, everyone was nervous!!! He bowled a ball on a good length, I drove it straight at mid off and ran as fast as I could. I looked up and figured if he picks this up I'm gone, the ball was rolling towards him, but somehow the ball rolled threw his hands and threw his legs. I scampered my ass over the line and we had won, the team went nuts.

Made me feel good about myself haha.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
One I just remembered. We batted first, in a 45 over match, had 2 batsmen pump scores in the 80s, and we made 220-240 odd. They were about 1-120 in reply, after an early wicket. The team turned to me and my friend, a 13 year old spinner. In a 10 over spell together, I took 2 wickets (in 3 balls, too), he took 4, and there was a run out - off his bowling, from my throw!

Was the best combination, and the best feeling. We get us back into the match, and we won by about 20 runs, thanks to 7 wickets falling in our 10 overs bowling together.

OffCutters

International Coach
Heres another one, we had a practice match just a week before the actual cricket season. My coach was trying to sort of develop me as a part-time bowler after seeing me bowl a few to a couple of mates in the nets. I bowl Left-Arm Medium btw, even though i`m a right-hander, I vary my pace and bowl the cutters quite often ( not so well i might add, i`m a batsman, what`ya expect?). Anyway, back to the match. It was a 45 over match, coming into the 28 over, ( We were bowling) they were 170-2. My Captain decided to put me in for a 4 over spell. My first over went for 4 runs, was quite happy with it. My second ball of my second over, i brought in the Off-Cutter, and got the batsman out for Plumb LBW. The 3rd ball, used the same ball, bowled the new batsman`s off-stump. I was on a hat-trick ( not bad for a batsman eh?) Didnt get the hattrick but got another wicket in my 4th ball of the last over. Was very happy and at the end of the day, my bowling figures were 4-0-14-4. We won as well.

Last edited:

OffCutters

International Coach
Well, it was special :p My first wickets, i felt immensely proud after the match. Shame it was a practice match, didn`t go on my record.:spy

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Last year got called up to play for the schools 1st XI because a couple were out with scholarship exams and one guy out with a broken collar bone. We were playing the best team in the school league. They one it for the past 2 years and were coming 1st so far this season. They were slogging us so badly. One of their batsman was on 42 off of 14 balls. He hit 2 sixes and a four last over on of those sixes smashing a car window which turned out to belong to one of my friends :rtfl. I came in to bowl the last over, thinking I wouldn't get a chance to bowl. I started the over with some loose full tosses and a couple of off cutters. So far 6 runs had been scored off of the over with the big slogger facing me on 46. I bowled a yorker which he hit straight back to be for a caught and bowled which made up for my dropped catch earlier on. So they ended up on 246/7 off of their 35 overs. The average score in our matches vary from 100 - 180 so this was incredible.

I was batting and we were playing for a draw (Some wierd rule about getting to 5: 30 and twenty overs left and if the batters aren't all out it's a draw.) I came in at 11 with coming off of a poor 16 last innings. 9 overs to go for that draw. The guy at the other end our number 8 was on 40 odd. Their bowling was uber fast and swinging madly. Every ball I managed to block their was huge cheers from the pavillion. This was nail biting stuff I tell you. With 4 overs left the guy ended up getting 50. I got lucky by being dropped twice. Anyhoo to cut a long story short we ended up drawing with me gettin an impressive 10 not out which included 2 fours. I never got a recall though... :noway.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Hero saved the day. :P

Should have been retained after that effort, surely. Someone with a broken collarbone wouldn't be back in a week, would they?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Bowling well and causing pain is always great. I think my best moment was when this county guy smashed me for 3 4's and went on about how he was loving facing me and I lost it and told the little ████ that If I didn't smash his face in with a bouncer I'd do it after the game. 2 overs and 1 stern warning later lbdouche, fearsome tweak off you fat twat. Went mental, was funny as hell. Cricket is the only sport where losing your temper can genuinely help.

Mostly though, wickets and runs are great but catches and run outs are awesome. I remember when I was little and I did a Jonty Rhodes style run out in under 15's to cap off my first really good performance. Wasn't quite as spectacular though, I only did it because I was scared of missing. Or my catch where I had to run an absolute mile on the biggest ground you've seen, that was cool too.

Eon

Club Cricketer
One game last season we played on this terrbile pitch... it was just god awful.
They won the toss and we bowled them out for 112... we though easy we've got this in the bag... untill they bowled us out for 99 lol.
Second innings we got them for 35... one of our openers got 7/12 from 8 overs... there was a spot just infront of off stump just short of a length that he kept hitting and it would just skid through really low and creep under the bat. We got the runs with 2 wickets down.

pretty good win for us really too bad about the 1st innings loss

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Making 18 of 6 balls in one of my 8-10 matches I played for my club, and now I havn't been playing cricket since I was 16 :D

PS: I'm 19 now

shubhrayu

International Coach
Greatest Memory Till date:It was an invitational Tour game(3 day matches)..We would've been knocked out if we lost that game....And I still remember the situation where we had to chase a total of 355 with the last day in hand but we were 34/4 that time....and I batted throughout the day....And we ended up with a draw...At the end of the day we were 223/8..I scored 76*..I reckon that as my best performance till date...Because I felt it as a responsible and match saving innings...

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Hero saved the day. :P

Should have been retained after that effort, surely. Someone with a broken collarbone wouldn't be back in a week, would they?

People came back from exams a couple of weeks later and they picked this other guy who got 56 for the 2nd XI that day.

blake

School Cricketer
I got knocked unconscious during a cricket match last season. Not sure if that counts as my greatest memory but it was still pretty awesome.

OffCutters

International Coach
I got knocked unconscious during a cricket match last season. Not sure if that counts as my greatest memory but it was still pretty awesome.

Yeah, any other normal person would feel awesome after that.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
A year or two ago, we were playing in one tight match. In the end they needed 2 runs to win of the last over with plenty of wickets left. One of my team-mates was bowling and he bowled a fantastic over to bowl a maiden and win us the match!

Users who are viewing this thread